Shin Japanese Restaurant

Introducing here a new Japanese restaurant at Raintown Plaza, Taiping. I'm sure some of you  have been to this place. I should blog it long time ago but time never permits that until tonight. Besides introducing this new Japanese restaurant, I'm trying my best to capture photos and adopt the skills from my new Samsung Galaxy SIII. Hey, if you are aware Samsung SIII just released the newest colour - RED! *_^.
I like their simple and elegant atmosphere. They even have 2 tatami rooms. The boss is from Ipoh. His name is Shin. He is a senior sushi shokunin which means sushi specialist or sushi chef. Sometimes, he'll prepare the food himself from the kitchen to his customers. He said he'll organized a variety of Bento set to choose from besides the ala carte pretty soon. I have been here for twice. The first time, we experienced the tatami. Quite nice and comfortable where we can have our private room and conversations. 
To talk about the price, our first visit cost us merely RM300 for 6 adults, 1 children and 1 toddler. We actually ordered 2 speciality which Mr Shin recommended. Imported fish sashimi and prawn sashimi from Japan, which is not from the ala carte. Though is newly open, no harm to try. Hehehe. Sorry I didn't took any photos that time. At the tatami, I was busy eating and entertaining my Hebe gal. Yeah, it is spacious, Hebe busy crawling here and there around the tatami.

Here I able to snap a few photos from my new phone during my second visit here. Some was blurr, cos I'm still practising and focusing the best I could from that Galaxy SIII.
Chawan Mushi - RM5.80. Quite a generous portion.
My blurry Ninniku Chahan (Garlic Fried Rice) - RM8.80.  We also ordered Ebi Chahan (Prawn Fried Rice) - RM9.80. Shin Restaurant also offer salmon and I think unagi fried rice as well.
MIL ordered 2 pieces of grilled salmon with salt - RM14.80 (each piece). You can always have either original or even terriyaki grilled style.
2 sets of Katsu Don - RM12.80 each for FIL and I. It came along with slices of fruit and hot miso soup.
I highly recommended to order Katsu Don. Lots of sweets onions, chicken and rice. I can't finish it by myself so I share with my son.
Side dishes, we have California Maki - RM18.80 with a total of 9 pieces.
We shall never miss sashimi platter whenever we go for Japanese Ryouri (ryouri means food/cuisine). Lastly, in that artistry platter, we have a set of normal salmon sashimi - RM20.80 (5 pieces) combine with salmon belly sashimi - RM33.80 (5 pieces).

Different people have different kind of judgement and perception. I'm not sure how long this kind of restaurant will survive at Taiping. Cos lots of folks saying that. How true was that I'm not sure. In my opinion, it is good to have this kind of contemporary restaurant at Taiping. Not many but at least. So far, their business is not that bad after all.

Find them here
Shin Japanese Restaurant,
(same building with Panorama Hotel, Taiping)
Lot G1 & G2 Raintown Plaza,
61-79 Jalan Kota, Taiping.
Tel:05-8052913

Comments

  1. Looks good and prices reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Situapui wait till you taste it, then you'l know how good is the food.

      Delete
  2. Looks like one affordable place. Is it a pork free place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For people living in KL and bigger city, I'm sure the price is acceptable. Yes Lina it is pork free! You can come here to try out.

      Delete
  3. I tried Shin restaurant but I didn't find it nice, sorry to say that. Maybe my expectation is higher?

    Anyway, like you said, it's different perception :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, it's very true. Very hard to suit everyone taste bud. For me, I can say that their food is just SO-SO. Nothing to shout about. Remember I told my first visit with their sucks waitress?

      Hahaha, if your perception is higher, you got to get in the 5 star hotel...maybe it gonna cost you a very big hole in your pocket.

      Delete
  4. Yea.. Tried twice already, not so bad la! But abit pricey considering the market at Taiping..
    And I heard a few friends commented their food not so fresh.. =_=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow most of the Jap restaurant are merely the same. It is only the size matter. I went before to a very high end Jap restaurant at KL - sashimi is just so tiny and thin slice. Compare here, they served thick and juicy salmon fish...

      Delete
  5. Yes the price is reasonable and it look nice too. I love Japanese cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and yummy japanese restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy to me. Can't wait to eat sashimi again after my confinement is over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angeline,

    I wish that I can in the restaurant too enjoying all these delicious Japanese food. Prices sounds pretty reasonable to me :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love japanese food too. Yumm..yummm...
    Btw..i received oledi the gift...the clip was so cute...tq so much..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to try this restaurant out. My hubby only wants to go to restaurant which doesn't have service tax. So, he only favourites Nagaria, LA Promise, WASABI and Prima Cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts