Buttercream in Pink

Get enough of cupcakes, here comes the frosting!!!

Buttercream in Pink

250g butter (at room temperature)
100g icing sugar
1tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1tsp of strawberry Emulco
75ml hot water (not warm)

Method:
1. Cream the butter and sugar until it becomes pale and creamy.
2. Add the strawberry emulco and vanilla essence, cream well again.
3. Add in the hot water in 2 batches.
4. Continue to mix until smooth and formed.

Tips:
~ 1-2 drop of food colouring is needed if the pink colour is not enough from the strawberry emulco.
Very nice, creamy, shining and pinkish buttercream.
These few days are very hot, so once my buttercream is done, I keep in the fridge for 5-10 minutes (Not till become harden). On the other hand, I try to get my piping tools.
The chilled buttercream texture is firm and consistent during piping process. Pipe any shape you like.
Try this simple buttercream first, it is not that hard actually. Why don't spend sometime with your kids during this school holiday break. Get them to put on their own topping like marshmallow, chocolate chips, M&M and any type of sprinkles. I'm sure your kids are excited about it.

p/s: This simply beautiful cupcakes for lil May. Happy Birthday Sweetie!

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweetie!! They cupcakes indeed look very beautiful .. too good to be eaten!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyoh, so nice and so sweet of Aunty Angeline!! May must be very happy and like her princess birthday cupcakes so much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I made for April, I should made for May also.

      Delete
    2. Actually,Aunty Angeline want to practice more.

      Delete
    3. Angeline sounds like Yannie's daughters' God Ma!!!!


      Can you make the wedding cake for SK soon? Wedding might be in KL and Sibu.

      Delete
  3. errr, Uncle SK is not a baking person lah, so this cream and frosting thing is out of the topic for his comments.. instead he would prefer not to have them on his cupcakes, fattening mah, muahahahaha!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... you came by to read without leaving any comments also no prob geh! Thanks for your valuable comments.

      Delete
    2. My birthday is next year, I want cupcakes too with lots of creamy cheese on top!!! Kam siah Angeline!

      Delete
  4. i like those princesses printing, errr what do you call that already?? the next step for Angeline the Cupcake Queen to learn is how to make all these, with real photos of his friends and families!! wow, isn't that great personalization huh?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from bakery shop, cost me RM10 for a sheets full @ 24 pcs princess printouts.

      Yeah own printed one is fab!

      Delete
  5. i agree with you.. the simple baking tasks can really be good activities for family bonding.. get the kids to involved in these and sure they will be very happy.. as simple as piping the cream or decorating the cakes with M&M's~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, as long as we decorate with their favs one...They sure love it.

      Delete
  6. I just stumbled upon this blog and I must admit that I am totally in awe!! I enjoy reading every single beautiful post of yours and thought we may share the same interest in the topics we blog about. I have already added you in my blog roll and hope you will also drop by my blog and create a back link to each other. The URL to my blog is http://sk0617.blogspot.com. Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Say is always become easie, I have no idea how much I throw away of my baking food already!!! =[

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this pinky cupcakes. I'm sure May will like it very much too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cupcakes are so nicely decorated! I love frosting, but only managed to take a bit as I am afraid of the calories, hehehe :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never did frosting before as no confident in piping...

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice cupcakes.....Happy birthday to May.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually omit the frosting because I'm lazy to proceed another step further, although my girl loves to sapu clean them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually omit the frosting because I'm lazy to proceed another step further, although my girl loves to sapu clean them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, apasal dengan 2 comments ni? Hihi! Must be my kaypoh finger clicked twice :p

      Delete
  14. Those are lovely princess-y cupcakes for little May. You deserve the title Cupcake Queen :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..lovely cuppies. I want to try your buttercream recipe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cupcakes...Love the pink icing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried made icing and tak pandai...it melted :P

      Delete
  17. I like the colour of the pink that you made. Very sweet colour. Is it sweet in taste too? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so sweet, because the cake is sweet. hehehe... The pink buttercream smells good with strawberry

      Delete
  18. Thank you so much, Angeline. I myself walloped 5 of the cupcakes .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts