Fu Xing Gong (Snake Temple)
We can't make it to so many places around Penang Island in just one day. We stayed a night in the island actually. Calvin's wish is to visit the Butterfly Farm in Penang, so mummy here plan a few interesting places to visit together with Ah Kong and Ah Mah.
This Snake Temple was our first stop.
Address: Jalan Tokong Ular, Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang., Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang.
We reached early, not so crowded yet.
Papa went inside to pray, while mummy and I stayed outside and look after the kids.
The building has been beautifully renovated. It was not my first time here, but I totally can't recall when is it already.
Some people said that the smoke from the burning incense act make the snakes appear to be motionless and sleepy.
Anyone got bitten? I'm not sure too. But since I was there, I don't dare to talk nonsense in order to show my respect to believe them.
They purposely arranged a few of this rattan stands inside the temple for the snakes to take rest.
Every trees got this label. Mostly the snakes here are Pit Vipers - venomous vipers.
Not many snakes were there on that day, but we must be very careful because the snakes can lay anywhere they like...
We took a stroll at the garden behind the temple.
Right in front of the Kuan Yin's statue, we actually saw many snakes coiled on the tree branches here. This is the Buah Ciku tree.
So far there are no snakes sliding on the floor and blocking our way. They seems like they know that we are not there to harm them.
I was not afraid looking at them too.
I took a photo of them before we proceed to another place.
Anyone want to get one of this???

Though I'm a fan of snakes, it is quite scary lah to have them scattered anywhere. Shiver...
ReplyDeleteBeen a long long time since when I dropped by here. They say not many snakes there anymore owing to the development all around.
ReplyDeleteOohh you stayed one nite.. Last post you didnt mention so I thought same day trip.. Wah syiok la this modern hip hop mummy, did all by yourself and drove there and all.. Salute..
ReplyDeleteoh, so you went there to stay up for a night, i thought you went just a day trip and return to Taiping ont he same day.. haha!! so nice, you went there with your parents and kids - ditching your hubby and in-laws at home.. hehehehehehe~~
ReplyDeletewah.. really cannot remember when was the last time i went to this Snake Temple!! haha.. if not mistaken, that was when i was still a Form 3 student!! muahahahaha, more than 2 decades ago already, that's why i cannot really remember how the place was like, but certainly it was more run down that time..
i am so afraid of snakes lah!! but then yes, that is what i heard too.. the snakes though venomous, they are kind of gentle in the temple and will not attack the visitors because they are sort of guarded by the gods.. aiyoh, you dare to go so close to take photos of the snake.. i the most will stand further away to just take a brief glimpse, i have goosebumps lah~~
and those toy snakes at RM5 each?? aiyoh, no thank you!! eyewwwwww~~
Quite a lot of the snakes this time around. No dice no toy snakes for Bananaz..
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting to see those snakes resting calmly on those branches. Good holidays for your kids and yourself.
ReplyDeleteLoves the picture of your kids with your parents...
ReplyDeleteThe fake toy snakes look real enough. Did your son buy any home?
ReplyDeleteI love Hebe's top, so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThose fake snakes, eww... No thanks! :p
Kinda geli to go snake temple. I dont mind snake butttttt.......
ReplyDeleteEeeeww. I think I wouldnt dare go into this temple.
ReplyDeleteJust a day in Penang?? That is a rush to going around.
Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you
ReplyDeletedownload it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump
out. Please let me know where you got your design. Thanks
Visit my web blog: electric boat winch
Thіs is a topic wҺich is close tto my heart... Best wishes!
ReplyDeleteExɑctly աherе are yοur contact details thoսgh?
Hеre is my web blog turbo scan
I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of
ReplyDeleteit. I've got you book-marked to look at new things you post…
my site - lose belly fat for Dummies
We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme
ReplyDeletein our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info
to work on. You have done a formidable process and our
whole group will likely be thankful to you.
Also visit my weblog - goji actives; ,
Mennonites take the Bible the perfect resume seriously.
ReplyDeleteFor instance, an excuse of taking a dependent father to thee hospital
one day followed by taking time off to receive the same
dependent from his trip aroad the nxt day.
Another thing at legitimate work at home business legitimate.
Butler County hhomes can heelp both buyers annd sellers.
The charity auction leads into the second landmark Stand
Up To Cancer. Alll you have to file your nails regularly
so that the family can eat sooner.
Here is my site :: firefighter job description for resume
Snakes?? No, thank you. Goosebumps start to appear now when I saw your pictures of the snakes
ReplyDeletethe snake temple disappointed me so much the last time i was there (which was early last year).. it's become so commercialised now with a "zoo" in the back.. so sad.
ReplyDeleteYour photos are so sharp, colourful and nice! i have not visited that temple for so many decades. I am getting excited to make a visit someday.
ReplyDeleteHi there Dear, are you truly visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so then you will definitely get pleasant knowledge.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my site :: internetowe
Aside from the tax reduction benefits, you will also be helping the needy.
ReplyDeleteIt is important to organize the inspection into parts, as an example:
inside, outside, mechanical parts, driving. If you're a teenage girl, you would need persuasion techniques to convince your parents to buy you that dress.
Here is my web page :: performance auto carrier the wedding shoppe
inc reviews (allthingsadmin.com)
Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my web blog :: crawlspace encapsulation Indianapolis
Normally I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to
ReplyDeletesay that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it!
Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you,
quite great article.
Also visit my web-site; goji berry (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbf88GS3MLE)
I blog quite often and I really thank you for your content.
ReplyDeleteYour article has truly peaked my interest.
I will bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about
once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.
My web site 台北酒店 台北文華東方超五星實在貼心 Mandarin oriental Taiwan Taipei
Your way of telling all in this piece of writing
ReplyDeleteis really nice, every one be capable of easily know it, Thanks a lot.
Visit my website - diatomaceous earth lowes