The Owl Museum

Day 1
 This post is still at Penang Hill.
I wanted to brought them here - It's Olwsome, hehehe....
This is the Art & Craft Collections of Owls from around the world.
Say cheese... She loves to take photo.
I'm so happy to see so many owls collection. Guess this set of owl is from Japan.
Nowadays owls are so popular and I have no idea when and how the owls trend started.

I'm sure Barbara and Annie Kiu definitely love this post. Everything about owls.
After some nice shots from the entrance, there were several owls painting display on the wall.
 Some people said Owls bring good luck to them.
Not a very big space, but there were owls at every corner. Hoot Hoot!
I noticed this table at a corner, there must be someone sitting here carving the woods.
Every collection they displayed in shelf.
 Here are some wooden collection of owls
 
Look at their big and round eyes
Penang hill's Owl Museum with art and craft themed is the first in South-East Asia.
Here, they have more than 1,000 types of collections.
Owls are wise and brilliant....
My son loves to visit museum... and mummy here like it very much too.
This is a made from recycled metals.
A very artistic owls painting collection.
Frames collection. I like the clock.
More over here...
Soft toys
This collection is made from ceramic
Combination of metal, stone and porcelain owl set
Some they are quite unique and expensive collection
These are made from sea shells.
Feel like bringing one home
Hebe spotted one of her favorite owl too..
Look both have big and round eyes... LoL
This owl museum provide children activities whenever there's a school tour here... Here are some of the diplay of their own creativite artwork.
Before coming to the end of the display, I saw this owl's flying kite.
My son's favorite part is to read their names...
Before we left, we definitely will passed by the souvenir corner.
All of them are not cheap. Even a keychain costs about R19 and above.
All the earring, ring and necklace also not cheap too. I feel so bad because I didn't get anything for myself *sob*. Anyway I already have 3 pairs of owl earrings given from my friends; Yannie, Ah Hua and Ivy Chong.
In order not going home with empty handed, we still managed to bought these with affordable price. Buy 3 free 1 T-Shirt.
 
P/S: I have no idea why it is called a museum, because the place is pretty small and entrance fee is charged RM10 for adult and children is FOC.
 
Penang Hill Owl Museum
Address: Level B3, Astaka Bukit Bendera, Jalan Tunku Yahaya Petra, Bukit Bendera, 10000 Penang Hill, Penang
Phone:04-8265704

Comments

  1. I didn't know about this Owl Museum until I saw it here. Some of the owl figurines are quite nice. And I always cannot stop saying this : Hebe is soooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me jakun, but I've never heard of the Owl Museum @ Penang Hill.. The owls look cute in the beginning, like cartoon characters..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of owls, they look scary, especially their eyes.. But they are wise creatures, "As wise as an owl".. Ya ka? Hehe..

      Delete
    2. Among all your pictures, I'm attracted to the ear-rings and ring.. Not interested in the keychain though, it's RM19, wow, mahal oohhh..

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh??? At Penang Hill? I didn't know there is such a thing. Ooooo...my friend Annie-Q would love this place. She collect owls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same price (entrance fee) for Malaysian and foreigner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real owl looks scary, but these paintings and crafting looks cute!

    I din't know there's an owl museum at Penang, those earrings are very nice, I'll sure get a pair or two if I were there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, they now have an owl museum in penang?? that's interesting, and nice too!! i quite like owl, i mean not the real bird lah, i think the artcrafts that are based on owl are kind of nice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love those paintings and also decoration all in the owl theme!! those paintings framed up on the wall are my favorite, love them the most.. so your favorite must be the two from Japan?? ah, Japan mah, sure Angeline loves most!! :D

      Delete
    2. Hebe looked so happy in the owl museum.. but Calvin seemed didn't quite like the owls?? because only can see one photo of him.. and i think Angeline also quite happy lah, she took lots of photos, and got one photo can see her selfie behind the owl.. hehe!!

      Delete
  7. I guess my eyes will turn @-@ after this exhibition! So many owls! You didn't buy any owl figurine back ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think this owl museum exists back in 1997 but I may be wrong. Thank you for sharing with us all your photos of the owls. So many of them.

    Your son is really unique, not many young children like to visit museums.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool place.

    Love the cute owl illustrations there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, this is such a nice place. so interesting and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts