Taiwan Kochabi

Since we stayed near Gurney area. We decided to have our dinner at the new shopping complex - Gurney Paragon which is more comfortable for the kids actually.
It was my first time here, but this Taiwan Kochabi restaurant reminds me of the Taiwan restaurant at Jalan Burma that my hubby used to bring me there.
Customer can always choose whether to dine inside or outside the compound.
The place is simple decorated with rattan tables and chairs. Really got the "KoCha" - traditional feel.
The owner definitely is a Taiwanese or frequently travels to Taiwan. These souvenir items are sold here if you're interested.
Calvin was so interested to come here to wash his hands...hehehe
Anyone can remember this rattan stool?
Hebe started to get grumpy because the whole day she didn't get enough rest. Thank God, one of the thoughtful staff bring her a set of colored pencils and a paper to keep my girl busy. My girl ended sitting quietly.
Papa had the Kabayaki Unagi set. It comes with side dishes - omellete, seasoned cabbage and white raddish soup.
Mummy had the pineapple with steamed white fish set.
While for me, I had this steam cod fish set with my kids. Aiks...where got enough right?
 So, one additional bowl of rice with minced pork for us.
Taiwan sausage
I even ordered a few side dishes and that is definitely enough to share among us.
Taiwanese Stewed Tofu & Eggs
My kids can just eat this with plain rice - simply delicious.
Xiao Long Bao - Steamed Soup Dumplings
Calvin insists wanted to order this mini Taiwan Sausage Burger because there's a "NEW" sign printed in the menu! He said this is something new, must try one.
 
Taiwan Kochabi @ Gurney Paragon
Lot 24-25, Level 5, Gurney Paragon Mall
Persiaran Gurney, 10250 Penang
Tel: 04-2189550 (for reservation) 

Comments

  1. The food looks good and the staff is so child-friendly too - to provide colour pencils and papers to keep children occupied with activities. Great decision to eat here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place. But if I go to Penang, I'd go for all the hawker delights. So much to eat and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice place.. I thought this is after you got back from Pg.. Coz in Pg, I thought will go for kopitiam food, but I understand, with kids around, we need a makan place with aircond, hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your cod fish set.. Looks expensive.. And I like the stewed tofu+egg.. But my favourite has to be that siew loong bao.. Yummzz !!

      Delete
  4. Wow .... Nice food , looks like Japanese food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Taiwanese looking place. The food look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice ambiance, Angeline.. makes the place look very Taiwanese...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha..I had used that kind of rattan stool when I was a toddler. My mum still keeps it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I thought you were blogging about the ice cream, Kochabi. Hehe..

    All the food makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to bump into you last Saturday, we should take a photo leh!! Aiseh...

      Delete
    2. Ya lor... almost forget....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts