#018 - Japanese Ramen Eggs


I've heard a lot and ate a lot of ramen eggs when we dine in Japanese Cuisine restaurant. Many times telling myself one day I will make this until that one fine day.
Ingredients:
(Reference from Just Once Cookbook with my own measurement)
4 Hard Boiled Eggs - Roughly boiled for 7minutes and peeled of the shell
2tbsp of Japanese Shoyou - Soy Sauce
2tbsp of Mirin
1tbsp Sake - (Optional, mine is without sake)
A zip lock bag

Pour all the liquid ingredients in the zip lock bag. Gently placed in the eggs.

Keep in the fridge for 4 hours (as shown above) or more. The best is to marinate overnight in the fridge (get darker color).

 
So here is the result of my Ramen Eggs - Some are successful with soft like custard egg yolk. Great to have it with a bowl of Tonkatstu Ramen or a bowl of Miso Ramen.

Comments

  1. Good attempt, Angeline. I like the soft egg yolk but not the others. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rose, must really know how to estimate the boiling time.

      Delete
  2. Oh my !! The eggs look so so delicious! I can eat 10 eggs! Yup, ramen eggs look so so good, especially the yolk, tried to do that but failed each time.. So I just stick back to 100% hard boiled eggs, haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy ar, 10 eggs wor. Very high in cholesterol. Kids still ok lar.

      Delete
  3. ooh.. I have also a lot of ramen but it didn't come into my mind to notice the eggs at all!! all the time I'll just sumbat the whole half an egg into my mouth and enjoyed it, hahaha!! probably that's the difference between someone who cooks and someone who only eats, hehehe~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this.. it looks simple to make and even I can make it myself.. can I just use the usual soy sauce only?? I don't have any ingredients you listed up there, haha!! let me try maybe with sesame oil and soy sauce, the Chinese style and see if it is nice?? muahahaha.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Chinese soy sauce is more salty. Maybe you can just grab a bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce will do.

      Delete
  5. The ramen eggs look so good and delicious. I never know it has to be marinated for so long. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loves the egg, but i never tried making them myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so shy to admit that I didn't know these eggs served in Japanese ramen had been marinated so nicely. It tastes so nice and I told friends that the chicken in Japan lay different eggs because their yolk looked so Orange! Wakakaka

    Thank you for sharing the easy recipe. I will ask my wife to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so shy to admit that I didn't know these eggs served in Japanese ramen had been marinated so nicely. It tastes so nice and I told friends that the chicken in Japan lay different eggs because their yolk looked so Orange! Wakakaka

    Thank you for sharing the easy recipe. I will ask my wife to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very yummy! You are getting more and more pro la!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, I love eggs with the yolks still runny. But so far not very successful in making like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. The marinated eggs look good. I prefer the soft egg yolk. I would love to try but have to buy the sauces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy thanks for dropping by my blog. Actually you can just buy the soy sauce will do. No Mirin I think is alright too.

      Delete
  12. I love these eggs! :)

    I knew the couple that opened Satouka Hokkaido Ramen in Pavilion and they said they took ages to get the onsen eggs right too. You did a great job, I'll love to eat your unsuccessful ones coz I LOVE EGGS. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts