#024: Lemon Herbs Bake/Roast Chicken

This time, I've tag along with my Bake-Along Event hostess to bake or roast chicken (Partly or Whole). I still remember the last time I've roasted a whole chicken which was posted H>E>R>E.
A. Ingredients

This is my version of Lemon Herbs Bake/Roast Chicken Recipe:
4 Whole Drumsticks & 4 Chicken Wings
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1/2 chopped big onions
2 stalks chopped spring onions (left from my fridge - cleared up)
1 large lemon juice
Fresh Herbs - Thymes and Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to taste
B. From Left - Bag A(???) & Bag B(Lemon Herbs)
Method:
Blends all the ingredients together. Spread the mix herbs mixture all over the chicken.- that's it! Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Get a zip lock bag to keep the chicken marinate in the fridge is more convenient and save lots of space in the fridge.

C. Place on a baking tray
Place the chickens on a baking tray and pour all the excess marinated juice evenly over the chickens (spread using hands).
Bake/Roast them at 190C for about 1 hour (+/-) until it turns brown.
I turn the chicken to roast another side after 30mins of roasting.
D. Serving portion
Here you go my simple and yet elegant main course over the weekend.

Next: Do you notice in photo B I have two different bags of marinated chickens? Another version coming up next ya, stay tune!
Here I'm joining the Bake Along Event #93 with the theme: Bake/Roast Chicken with 3 hostess: Joyce, Zoe and Lena. Please submit your details if you wish to link your post with them.

Comments

  1. Hi Angeline,

    You are really pro baking this lemon herb chicken... It is perfect! Can't wait to see your another bake :)

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe thank you for such a compliment for me. I just try to mix and match the ingredients by myself... Not bad after all.

      Delete
  2. Hi Angeline! haha, yes i've noticed yr two bags. Good thing you put it into words! Can't wait to see the next recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, yeah stay tune for the next post ya. Not so fast maybe end of this week or next Monday.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for trying and let me know the outcome

      Delete
  4. Wah, complete with fries and salad some more! I'm going to roast a leg for dinner tonight also, but I think won't be as nice as yours :/ ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be presentable also right if cook at home? Hehehe...

      Delete
  5. So presentable and nice! You are really into cooking and your family is so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yannie. Will try to cook more this year.

      Delete
  6. I'm drooling all over, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so so good, very "yap mei" since you "yip" very thoroughly.. I love your western style of roast chicken with fries.. If I make, I just roast chicken and eat with rice, coz senang ma, don't wana do more work, haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes eaten with buttered rice also shiok hor..

      Delete
  8. Hubby don't want to eat rice anymore...match with fries or mashed potato is the best for them

    ReplyDelete
  9. lemon and herbs!! that sounds very delicious and aromatic already.. wah, so you have your secret blend of different marinate, I thot you put (???) there like you want to hide your secret recipes, haha!! I tried something similar before in the office, but I used orange peel (from the oranges I juiced and almost wanted to throw away, hehe!!)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange Peel always have bitter taste. Lemon better

      Delete
  10. good morning angeline, this simply looks good and delicious tho i hv nvr tried roasting chicken with lemon juice! must be smelling very good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena is it? I just tried and see how is it will be.

      Delete
  11. Angeline, your roasted chicken is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so wise to bake and cook often for your family. That would be healthy for everyone besides eating the best with your love inside. Well done Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to try to cook as much as possible. Next time, If I'm not working I still got job to be as a fulltime housewife.

      Delete
  13. You are so wise to bake and cook often for your family. That would be healthy for everyone besides eating the best with your love inside. Well done Angeline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erm, why you keep posting the same comment>?

      Delete
  14. OMG, looks yummy!! But macam a bit difficult for me la :p I prefer easy stuff, hehe, cause I am lazy :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will try to cook some from now. Later your boys will be pestering you to make for them..hehehe

      Delete
  15. Cool! Yeah, putting it in a bag is the perfect way to marinade it. This look delicious, I would love to eat it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I got the idea of lemon herbs chicken which inspired by Yee Ling's one.

      Delete
  16. Hi Angeline,
    Your chicken looks so delicious! And that is one yummy looking meal, served with salad greens and fries! I bet your family, especially your children, have really enjoyed it! Thanks for baking along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts