#025: Hot Peri Peri Roasted Chicken

Still remember the Lemon Herbs Roasted Chicken I've posted earlier? Here is another version I would like to show here.
From Left - Bag A(???) & Bag B(Lemon Herbs)
What is the special ingredient for pack A?
Tadda... Hubby likes Nando's Peri Peri Sauce. Then I came out the idea of roasted one like we are having at Nando's. I took a few scoop from the Lemon Herbs paste mixed with 3 tablespoons of Peri Peri Hot sauce.

So here it is, but it doesn't looks alike.
Wanted to surprise my hubby, guess it's fail. LoL!

Serving the Hot Peri Peri Roasted Chicken with my warm mashed potatoes and fresh greens.

Awesome meal for the family on weekends with two awesome flavors.
Here I would like to join and submit my second recipe with 3 hostess: Joyce, Zoe and Lena from Bake Along Event #93 with the theme: Bake/Roast Chicken.

HAPPY WEEKEND PEEPS!

Comments

  1. Hard to get the colors like an actual Nando's lah, their big a** rotating oven... But I think the taste should be good right? That's good enough to surprise the hubs already ;) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at the plates of chicken with mashed potatoes and salad, I want to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be crazy over the Nandos flaming hot peri peri sauce. I bought their sauce hot to dip everything including fries. I have forgotten until you remind me again.
    I have heard of friends who got the Nandos recipes from their website and others to experiment to get almost similar tastes!! I am sure all Kung Fu masters who not share 100%!!
    Google the Nandos recipes and a chef like you could easily understand the formula and tricks. Remember to send me a bite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, my stupid iPad got some auto spellings. Adoi......

      Delete
  4. When I get to go to Taiping, I'd want to try your cooking...and of course, your baking too. Should go into this line. Will put a whole lot of those already in the business to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was awesome, Angeline. I am sure your hubby loved your surprise.

    I also want to try cooking peri-peri chicken some day. Got the recipe but have not get down to it. The recipe calls for everything from scratches so that was why I am lazy to try it. Maybe I will hunt for the instant peri peri sauce. Nando's opened its 1st outlet here last year but I have not yet go there. Tried Nando's once few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah homemade/...no need go to nandos liao. Looks very tasty leh

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the taste that counts more than the looks. I guess it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummzz, I love your chicken and mash! I can eat all 4 plates! But to be honest, I don't really fancy Nando's, I don't like the sauce, haha.. If my colleagues wana eat at Nando's, I'll just eat my chicken "kosong" style But I do try the lemon&herb and garlic sauce though..

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, so this secret weapon you had is the peri peri hot sauce, hahaha.. errr, maybe Nando's keep on brushing the sauce on the chicken while roasting?? nvm la, i am sure your hubby loved the chicken, right?? :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. i quite like this nando peri peri hot sauce. I like to dip them with fried stuff like chicken wings. i remember one time i even eat it with instant noodles..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome meal indeed! My family would be all smiles if served with your roasted chicken! Yummilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angeline,

    I like peri peri sauce too and adore your idea of using it to roast chicken :)

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts