#026: Waffles Anyone?
Bought a waffles maker long time ago. And now only started to use it. Very efficient, quick and convenient.

For the first time, I bought the ready a pack of 500gm waffles mix from a baking supplies shop here. I wanted to try the heat of the waffles maker and also wanted to know how is the waffles turnout to be. Moreover, how much batter we put in the waffles maker also we need know too.

First start with waffles ice cream - waffles are crunchy but thick and pale as I put too much of batter for the first time. With waffles maker at home, we can mix how much batter we need and if mix all in, we can be keep inside the fridge not longer than 3 days.

Second attempt turnout to be better than the first time. But still the waffles are hard a bit.
There is a new café opened in Taiping named January Café - selling sweets and savory waffles. I have seen many people shared the waffles photo in FB, but I have yet to try them. On the other hand, I try to imitate theirs, hehehe.

Waffles with Smucker's Goober Grapes and Peanut Butter Jam filling. Drizzled with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
On the following weekend, Calvin's best buddy is coming over to play. So I plan to make them waffles for tea time. I planned to look up for waffles recipe but I didn't. I have other important things to do, so get another pack of ready waffles mix again. I always agree that practice makes perfect. This time, everything is just right.
Whenever I cook and bake, I always get to learn new things. Now I know there are many types of waffles.

It will be great to have waffles for snack. I would like to try the waffles with ham and egg, just like in your 2nd last picture.
ReplyDeleteI almost wanted to buy this fabulous waffle maker too. I was worried there will be too many electrical appliances at home if I relocate in future.
ReplyDeleteI love to eat them very warm and crispy fresh. You are such a good and loving mama to pamper your kids.
I almost wanted to buy this fabulous waffle maker too. I was worried there will be too many electrical appliances at home if I relocate in future.
ReplyDeleteI love to eat them very warm and crispy fresh. You are such a good and loving mama to pamper your kids.
My sandwich/waffle maker called it a day. Turned it on and the electricity in the house goes off. Sighhhhhhh!!!!! I just used the same recipe as my pancakes for the waffles. Nice!
ReplyDeleteI like savoury waffles with ham, cheese and lots of mayonaise! Waffles very nice, very fragrant.. But too much work for me, more kitchen gadgets, no more space to put..
ReplyDeleteWaffles are my boys' favourite. I am still contemplating if I should get a waffle maker as I don't want another white elephant in my kitchen. After thinking hard, I think I better stick to them having waffles once a week in the mall. Haha.
ReplyDeleteMe! Me! I want waffles with ice cream!
ReplyDeleteMy girl's favourite. Waffle. Waffle with peanut butter for her.
ReplyDeletei love waffles!! your waffles look very nice (though i would prefer a little more brown), you are so creative to have it with ice-cream as well as making them into savory sandwiches, nice nice.. you know what?? my often fix for waffles would be the stall inside the LRT station, those that allows you to choose two spread and cost you RM3 a piece?? i always order chocolate and peanut butter, oooh, so fattening, but so sedap!!! hahahaha~~
ReplyDeleteI just had waffles with ice cream in JB
ReplyDeleteI love waffles with Kaya though, sweet and nice, yums
DeleteYes yes, ME want! Aden and I are big waffles fan! Haha!
ReplyDeleteWaffles are nice to eat. Good that you can make your own now so you get to choose to make any type that you like any time.
ReplyDeleteApril likes waffle. May doesn't really like it. I didn't buy the waffle maker because I may not use it very often. I like to pan-fry some pancakes for them when I am free. Your waffle looks so good, especially the one with ham, eggs and veggies.
ReplyDeleteSweet and savory waffles also I like.
ReplyDeleteOooooo yummy!
ReplyDeleteHello Angeline,
ReplyDeleteI have a waffle maker at home given to me as a present. Unfortunately, I have never use it. Sad....
We have a song about Waffles in our Let's Eat album called, I Love Waffles in the Morning
Delete