Puff Pastry #3 : Sausage Rolls

May is my puff pastry month. Yeap, anything to do with ready frozen puff pastry. Here I have another quick fix snack for weekend brunch, afternoon tea time or late night supper. I figure it out this idea from scratch because both of my hubby and my son loves sausages.
1. Puff pastry, thawed
2. Chicken sausages
3. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
4. Egg yolk
Take a piece of puff pastry, I cut into 3 slices. Each piece I slightly stretch out a little longer using the rolling pin. Coated with some egg wash. This will helps the pastry to stick together with the sausage later on.
Slowly curled from one edge of the sausage till the end, slowly curl the pastry around the sausage and not overlap. Slightly create some space for the pastry to puff nicely and evenly.
Brush the egg wash all over the pastry. Then generously spread the shredded cheddar cheese on top. Tips: You can always sprinkled some sesame seeds, chia seeds or anything you preferred for the topping.
Bake according to the puff pastry instruction for about 15-20mins with 400 degrees F. It depends, when you see the pastry puffed and turn into golden brown, that means it is time to take it out from the oven. So how is taste like? Slightly salty, guess I spread too much cheese on top. On the other side, I  found the sausage was a bit too dry. Somehow, it is still taste good with chilli sauce. After all, it only needs 4 simple ingredients to bake, so why not to give it a try.
Here is my second submission for the Bake Along event~"Bake with 4 Ingredients".

Comments

  1. Angeline, I'm loving this recipe so much! So easy and delicious (hotdog fan here). Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good la! I like this recipe. So simple and child-friendly. Sure my girls like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan, you can always get some cocktails sausages. Simply wrap over the cocktails sausage and it just look nice for 1 bite size - good idea for kids party.

      Delete
  3. Looks so good! I could eat three of this, maybe even four! Hahaha! I have a post coming up, similar to this! Will post it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really good, I'm waiting to see your outcome...

      Delete
  4. You are getting very good with baking, Angeline. I like this baking. Simple. I love sausages too and so is my girl. Maybe I will give this a try some day. Simple enough for me. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Rose, I always find simple cooking or simple baking...I would say I'm very good if I can make my own puff pastry and not this frozen pastry.

      Delete
  5. This looks yummy and easy~ drooling already but cannot eat.. Hur hur..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayley wait ya next time I bake some for you.

      Delete
  6. thank you for your entry again!! pUff pastry is nice..i dont chilli sauce to go with these..i also think you have rolled them very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, I can have chilli sauce for my instant noodle lor...hehehe

      Delete
  7. Angeline, you are a genius! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angeline, that is a nice twist to hot dogs. I got to try this one weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a great snack for your family during the weekends...

      Delete
  9. Another great idea for cooking sausages, easy and delicious fast food which my boys love:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, make our own fast food at home consider healthy and delicious too.

      Delete
  10. thanks looks delicious and easy!! Havent left any comments for a good while now but I do visit sometimes just lazy to leave comment!!

    jen @ charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank for sharing, it seem very simple wor... Can I ask where to get the puff pastry?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angeline, came across your blog, thought I'd pop in and say hi! Love your sausage rolls, it's a must for us at Christmas time here in the UK. I make little ones with sausage meat, sage and onion, the way they're made here, traditionally. Love your simple quick version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for pop in! hehehe. I would love to try your version too. Thanks Lins

      Delete
  13. Just visited Joyce's sausage rolls blog post. Like hers, your sausage rolls with cheese look very yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They certainly look great! I love sausages... Yummm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also like this kind of quick and easy recipe, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fast and easy. Sonia, your site got lots of pastry recipe too. I like it very much.

      Delete
  16. your sausage roll looks good :) and the best thing is that i can control the amount of cheese i wanna put in it!

    Latest: Best Food of Herbs&Spices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish, you can always put other things on top...

      Delete
  17. This looks delicious and so much easier than starting from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...Chaya thanks for coming over...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts