Chocolate chips & Walnut Cupcakes
If you still can remember I baked cupcakes with cinnamon apple filling for Teacher's Day. Last weekend, I baked another batch of cupcakes with a little bit of twist. I name it chocolate chips & walnut cupcakes.
Ingredients:
250gm butter
100gm sugar
4 eggs
220gm self raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
60gm fresh milk
20gm chocolate chips
50gm of toasted walnut
Method:~Sift the self raising flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
~Cream butter and sugar until smooth and pale.
~Add in one egg at a time and beat it well.
~Medium eggs will do for this.
~Fold in the flour mixture and fresh milk into two batches.
~Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and walnut.
Bake in the preheated oven for 200°C for 18-20minutes only. Insert a skewer to check if the cupcake is done. The baking time is around there or maybe less. This is all depending on the size and the heat of each oven. 
The taste was good. The cake is moist and the best part is we can munch the walnut and the melted chocolate chips. If you want to add more walnuts and chocolate chips, it is ok. Just not too many.
~ Walnut & chocolate chips can be replaced with almond flakes and pumpkin seeds too.

Nice!!! Expert muffin baker lo!!! =]
ReplyDeleteHahaha, not really...
Deletefuyoh, must give this Angeline one nickname already.. Angeline the Cupcake Queen!! muahahaha.. eih, reading the comment from 小影 above, what is the difference between cupcake and muffin?? they look like the same thing to me..
ReplyDeleteGenerally,
DeleteMuffin is like quick bread,so the texture are more dense and pounded.
Cupcake - a small cake designed with topping like buttercream and icing. Lighter texture.
hahaha, still so "chim" for me lah, don't care lah, muffin or cupcake i makan aje lah, hahahaha!! but your cupcake got no topping one?? hehehe~~ :p
DeleteGot later....step by step k
Deletei love cakes, and comes to cupcakes all sorts of flavors also i can sapu one lah.. be it cinnamon apple or chocolate and walnut.. ah, i also like raisins and walnut, this would be a nice combination too.. when comes to fruity tastes, hmmm.. fruits peel, blueberry etc etc~~
ReplyDeleteSo you want me to bake you one?
Deleteyeahhh, you ask people like that one?? :p
Deleteaiyoh, but then cannot eat much lah, or trying not to eat so much of cakes!! very fattening, haha.. at least for me lah, different people different composition mah.. when the carbo and starchy things enter my body, sure makes me bloated AND YET I LOVE THEM!!! die or not?? :D
ReplyDeleteJust control your intake. Hehehe... sometimes sweet things like will eventually make you a happy person!
DeleteGood afternoon Angeline...
ReplyDeleteCan courier one over for my breakfast tomorrow? lol...
ReplyDeleteHehehe...sure sure
DeleteI have choc chips but don't know what to do with it. Will try this recipe soon if I have the time. Your cupcakes look moist and soft.
ReplyDeleteOh you can use this recipe to make only chocolate chips muffin..
DeleteSweet Angel,
ReplyDeleteI love chocolate chips and walnuts.
The combi of these sounds great!!
mui
Thanks Sweet Mui
DeleteLooks something like my banana chocolate muffins, hehehe..
ReplyDeleteBut I am your taste much better la~ =)
your banana chocolate muffin is very good. Good job too!
DeleteAngeline, so pandai in baking too!! The muffins look great!
ReplyDeletethanks Claire
DeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteLovely twist to the cupcakes! Chocolate and walnuts are so perfect together!
That is the only ingredients I grab from my cupboard.
Deletewoo..looks scrumptious from here in Dunedin..
ReplyDeletehi hi Wenn, how is your trip
DeleteYUMMY cupcakes with great combo! I think I can eat half a dozen of these cupcakes in one sitting, may be more! LOL
ReplyDeleteThis cupcake is very fragrant with butter and milk.
DeleteQuick! Quick! Send some over! I'm in KL...
ReplyDeleteHahaha... I need to send you, mamarazzi, SK, Lina, Barb, Ling, Merryn, Mummy Gwen, Moon, Alice and many many more lor......
DeleteWoiii you missed out my name lah... I am Anay the Siam Kia.
DeleteYummmy....I love walnut cake and bread too!
ReplyDeleteI love to eat any food with walnut in it. Your cupcakes must be delicious!
ReplyDeleteI love chocolate chips and walnut cupcakes. I always buy them from Village Grocer at RM2.80 each. Now now, I must try to bake them myself one day :)
ReplyDeletehi angeline, how are you? been really slow in blogging these days..hope all is well with you..
ReplyDeleteI like your walnut cupcakes. Very nice.
ReplyDelete