Edited: Simple Cupcakes with Cinnamon Apple Filling

This is the edited version, the method to bake this cupcake written in this book is quite at the surface. So here is my write up how to cream the cake batter in detailed as requested by Priscilla. Please refer to the batter photo below:
Butter Cupcakes with Cinnamon Apple Filling courtesy from Yum Yum Magazine (11/2008)
Apple Filling:
2tbs butter, 2tbs castor sugar, 2 apples, 1/2tsp cinnamon powder
Verdict: I cooked this apple filling one day ahead. I doubled the recipe here, because I want more filling inside the cupcakes. This filling is also good in making apple pies.
Batter:
250gm butter
160gm castor sugar (I reduce to 140gm castor sugar)
4eggs
250gm plain flour (I used self raising flour)
11/2tsp baking powder (I used only 1/2tsp baking powder)
60gm fresh milk
Verdict: This batter can be use for any other cupcakes as well.

Method:
  1. Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. Nowadays, there is no need to sift with those super fine flour and rose plain flour. But I prefer to sift incase there is any lumps.
  2. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and pale.
  3. Add in one egg at a time and beat it well. Medium eggs will do for this.
  4. Fold in the flour mixture and fresh milk into two batches.
 Get some fancy cupcakes liners of your choice
This cupcakes is bake specially for Calvin teachers, so I asked him to help me in the kitchen. I scooped in the batter using tablespoon, then Calvin will help me put in the apple filling. Lastly, I cover the top cupcakes with batter again.
I don't have much time to decorate with buttercream. I think the cupcakes look pretty enough with simple cherry decoration.
 Bake in the preheated oven for 200°C for 15-20minutes only. The recipe can make approximately 30 cupcakes. But I've made about 26 only.
The cake is moist and fluffy and it smells good. Love the crunchiness of the apple filling. One eaten is definitely not enough. "Ho Chiak"!
Very simple pack with two cupcakes for each teacher. That a cut out Domino coupon ~ a surprise for them requested by Calvin.

Calvin urged me to write outside the box "Not for Kids" sign. I asked him why? He said it is strictly for teachers not for the kids.

Comments

  1. Hahaha! Calvin was afraid his classmates would eat them when he bring them to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girl was eyeing on your muffin when I brought it home. She requested to bring it to school the next day, and guess what~ She loved it very much!

      Thank you for the treat ^.^

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. She ate only one? enough for her?

      Delete
  2. cinnamon apple, that sounds interesting to me, i like the taste and smell of a little touch of cinnamon actually.. this one i should like it lah~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, very clever of you.. do one thing and can be used for others.. the apple filling for the cupcakes and also apple pie.. the cupcake batter which is a base for other flavors.. awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this kind of recipe too. Alternatively can use the ingredients for other good recipe.

      Delete
  4. you are doing the right thing.. as those cupcakes were baked for Calvin's teacher, must get him involved so that he don't think that things come for free.. hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now all the Taiping blogger mama were baking cupcakes for the teachers for Teachers' Day, haha!! was that a coincidence or an intention?? or maybe baking cupcakes is simple and economical, yet seems to be the best gift for teachers?? :p

      Delete
    2. We didn't pakat, just coincidence to have same thoughts.

      Delete
    3. That is best we can do SK!

      Delete
  5. hahaha, nice idea to have the domino's coupon as a surprise at the bottom.. but is there also a card for the teachers?? must let them know the cupcakes are from Calvin mah.. and i see nice stickers to seal the boxes, must be taken from Calvin's collection?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, your eyes very sharp lor. That was his pirate stickers... Given by Barbara another awesome mummy blogger.

      Delete
  6. I tasted Angeline's Apple Cinnamon cupcakes, yummy! Very light and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think labeling the boxes "Not For Kids" may not work that well.. i believe writing the teachers' names on each of the box will have a more "threatening" effect so that the kids will never dare to touch the box at all~~ agree?? hehe!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son still unable to write out his teachers name. Speaking and reading is ok.. I ask him to write...cham lor... he is still not very good in spelling yet.

      Delete
  8. Craving for cakes and muffins... Everybody seems to be baking...and that's one thing I can't do. My missus makes very nice cakes but she's "not in the mood". Tsk! Tsk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kam Pua Noodle, Fried Rice and pasta taste much better than my cakes...

      Delete
  9. wow, smell good..can I have some? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ipoh not far... next time bring it over to your shop...

      Delete
  10. Looks yummy, do you have a write up for the cake batter? As in creaming method or? Keen to bake them for tis fri BBQ session...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm..i seen many of us also make cupcakes for the teachers. Great effort there, Angeline. Nicely decorated and packed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcakes are a good gift to treat teachers well...

      Delete
  12. Your cupcakes look so good. Next year I must make my own cupcakes for teachers too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angeline,

    So nice if u!! I feel so blessed... Will def bake them this Friday.... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck... i think the method is very simple.

      Delete
  14. Very nice looking and yummy cupcakes! I especially like the red cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cupcakes! And very good too, that you got your son involved in the making of the cupcakes!
    Lucky teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo bravo...so nice your cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of making cupcakes for today's kiddie Teacher's Day celebration but then lately been very busy and headache. N time and no mood to make

      Delete
    2. but lucky saw in Yannie's blog and Mommy ling also....so I copied there la ...just give one orange and pen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts