Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnut Muffins
This month, I've started to join Bake Along event again with the recipe: Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnut Muffins. Yeah, I able to squeeze some time to participate my entry again together with 3 lovely hostess from Free & Easy Bake Along event. They are Lena, Joyce and Zoe. Come, let's have a look over my doughnut muffins version.
Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnut Muffins adapted from The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook by Cheryl and Griffith Day.
For the muffins
3 cups of all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cups plus 2 tbsp milk (I used fresh milk)
2 tbsp buttermilk1/2 cups butter, room temperature (I used plain yoghurt + 2 tbsp milk)
¾ cups sugar
2 eggs
- Preheat the oven 180 degree Celsius. Lightly grease muffins trays.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg powder and cinnamon.
- Another bowl, combine the milk and buttermilk (mine was yoghurt mixture).
- Used a mixer on medium speed, cream the butter. Turn the speed to low and gradually add in the sugar. Mix until mixture lightens in colour.
- Add one egg at a time until it just combined. Add in the dry flour ingredients in 3 batches, alternating with the milk mixture. Mix until smooth and do not over mix.
- With an ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop the batter into the prepared muffins trays, approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are firm to the touch and lightly golden.
Yield about 22 mini doughnut muffins...
For the coating:
½ cups butter, melted
1 cup sugar (I used icing sugar)
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
I've melted the butter in a slow fire earlier and let it set down for a while. After that I only take the clear part of the melted butter.
- While the muffins bake, set up 2 bowls to dunk them in.
- One bowl, you’ll need to have melted butter and in another bowl will have the cinnamon sugar.
- Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dunk them in the melted butter, then coated them with the cinnamon sugar.
My doughnut muffins doesn't look presentable at all, but the taste is wise. With cinnamon sugar coating on the outside is superb delicious. While inside, it has a very moist and soft texture like a cake. I had many good reviews from my colleagues despite of the look. One of them, quickly made a cuppa to enjoy the muffins. On the other hand, another friend mentioned that hers one was tad sweet. Oops, guess that was my first two muffins which dip too much of sugar. Hehehe...
When my baking mojo is back, I better don't stop. I will try to submit and join Bake Along event as frequent as it can be. Here I submit my cinnamon-sugar doughnut muffins to the hostess of Free and Easy Bake Along event.
- Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids
- Lena from Frozen Wings
- Joyce from Kitchen Flavours


Can skip the sugar? I sure can do with less of that.
ReplyDeleteYes STP, in order for me to participate in thsi event. We must follow the recipe wisely.
DeleteGood morning Angeline...
ReplyDeleteNice to eat can liao, hehe...
ReplyDeleteYa that is what my friends told me.
DeleteHave a great day ahead...
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon..
DeleteGlad that you're back in baking! It feels awesome to do what we enjoy the most, right?
ReplyDeleteYa, all my stress gone.
Deletesimply delicious..I must make time to bake again!
ReplyDeleteWenn, you cn try the muffins recipe. It is soft and moist. You can always skip the sugar coating.
DeleteSweet angel,
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you back.
I have baked my batch of these few days ago..:p
Yours looks great and yum yum!!
mui
Mui thanks, yours even better.
DeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteWelcome back to bake-along! We are very happy to have you baking with us! Baking mojo? I think I will need lots of that :D
Glad that you like these muffins.
Zoe
wah so nice leh.....no hangus at all
ReplyDeleteI have to wait for one fine day to try out this recipe
Deletehaiyoh, Angeline is the Muffin Queen lah, sure she's very good in baking perfect muffins, mana boleh hangus like Meow?? :D
Deletei've heard of doughnuts, i've heard of muffins.. but doughnut muffin?? really the first time i came across this, interesting, a combination on the texture of both?? :)
ReplyDeletei like cinnamon.. though many people hate the smell, they complained it smells like the incense offered to the 拿督公, haha!! but i think it tastes and smells good actually.. :p
ReplyDeletewow, those are really perfectly baked doughnut muffins.. i would want to try!! looks fluffy and moist enough, and can also feel the aroma of the cinnamon..
ReplyDeletehmmm, i always associate cinnamon with things like raisins and walnut, haha!! wow, if there are also some raisins and walnut pieces in that muffin, would be 200% perfect leh~~ geez :p
ReplyDeleteCinnamon is good for health.. can prevent a lot of diseases from what I read... :) so.. these muffins can be eaten one after another and another...and another... :)
ReplyDeleteyummy! they look so good!
ReplyDeleteYour muffins looked so perfect and could melt inside Anay's mouth!!! Yummilicious!
ReplyDeleteI love Cinnamon and someone told me that only high societies love cinnamon bread!! Now you make muffins, same!!
ReplyDeleteReally? high standard of living lar if having cinnamon bread and even muffins? High tea anyone?
DeleteThe fillings inside your muffin looks good and well done. Can you send to us by Pos Layu to eat?
ReplyDeleteYummy! Yummy! I wanna eat some if they are not too sweet.
ReplyDeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteGlad that you like these muffins! Lucky colleagues, now they will have more of your bakes whenever you bake-along with us! Nice to have you baking with us!
yeah, they love to try and willing to be my white mouse or either become my guinea pig
DeleteHi Angeline, nice to see back to blogging. These muffins look delicious. Would love to try it :)
ReplyDeleteHi Ann, thanks for visiting my blog.
DeleteHi Angeline, your doughnut muffins look awesome. Very nice texture, love the topping. Great to go with coffee.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week ahead.
good morning angeline, i find that these muffins are not sweet on its own, it is better with some coating, maybe just plain sugar is also good enough. Am happy to hear that your colleagues like these muffins and even more happy to see you joining us!
ReplyDeleteYeah, they always encourage me a lot.
Deleteyummy.... going to make these this weekend :P
ReplyDeleteYou should Alice. Nice muffins for the weekends.
Delete