KURMA - Sweet Treats

During the Ramadan month of Puasa, kurma or dates usually is the most famous appetizer I would say to all Muslims. Kurma actually is a must "eat" item for Muslim whom is fasting. It is because it helps to boost energy in the body. Kurma contents 2.5 times of potassium than bananas, iron and calcium. Kurma may be consumed for different purposes on its own as snacks, with cereals, with yoghurt, in pastries, in baking and in cooking. Well for non Muslims, we also enjoy the sweet taste of kurma too during the fasting month. We received 3 types of flavor from one of our banker.

Kurma with syrup
Original flavor (product from Tunisia)
Kurma with honey (product from Iran)


You can get any elsewhere in all major department stores. Choose good quality ones, it definitely taste great. Some may cost up to RM30 per 100gm. I may recommended from the brand name of Yusof Taiyoob, is a well known distributor for kurma in Malaysia. If you guys really want to try, maybe you can visit Old Town for their Juadah Berbuka Puasa, you can choose to have curry mee or nasi rendang and it came together with 2 slices of cake lapis and kurma. Desserts - redbeans paste with chendol ice cream!

~Selamat Berbuka Puasa to all Muslims~
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*♫♪

Comments

  1. i havent had dates in a long long time. miss them lah. I remember I use to steal the chinese dates when I was young. it would be store in the fridge. i love it back then because its sweet and sugary :)

    have a nice day!
    jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kurma too.. once a year, i will get to eat.. yes, courtesy from some company.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kurma too.. once a year, i will get to eat.. yes, courtesy from some company.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm, I dont like this kinda kurma... but its ok if eat one or two..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also dun really fancy kurma or the chinese dates either.After all,is no harm to try some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts