Interest Gained

Lately, we went to book store quite frequently. At Taiping we don't have mega sales like the Big Bad Wolf. Furthermore, I seldom travel that far since I have 2 brats to take care at home. Somehow once a while there are some great promotion from Taiping Popular Book Store too. If it is to compare with BBW, of cos BBW it is more cheaper.
 My passion in cooking and baking is increasing gradually. Each of the above is less than RM20. That Yum Yum magazine only cost RM10 only.
I used to read Female and Style magazine, but for the past few months I bought this MINA magazine. Besides fashion and make up tips, it also contained recipes *wink*. That is what I like and foremost less advertorial pages.
My son kinder recently train their students to read Peter and Jane book starts from the beginner level. It is very impressive when you can see your kids able to read fluently all by himself.
Dinosaurs: RM9.70 (from Popular)
National Geographic Kids: RM8 (Scholastic)
Bodies comes with Glow in the dark skeleton kit: RM18 (Scholastic)

Calvin kinder also distribute a list of promotion books from Scholastic Book Clubs. Whoever is interested can buy through kinder. So to gain his interests in reading, I bought some books for him. Since all the price is quite cheap, range from RM4-RM20. I allowed Calvin to chose his books first then only I decided whether the reading material is good to buy or not.
Here are more books from Scholastic.
Hedgie Blast Off (about rocket story): RM8,
The Pout Pout Fish: RM7 and
Dinosaur Hunt: RM6. My son loves dinosaurs.
Here are some fun facts, colorful and interesting book for my baby gal Hebe. Yah, I know my baby is just 6mtnhs old, but I read for her in the weekends. While I read, Calvin tag along too.
My day A to Z & Fruits and vegetables from A to Z: RM9 each.
Big Kid Shoes:RM4
Another great and fun learning mathematics from Shark: RM10 and Maths potatoes: RM11.
Calvin never choose these books, I bought it for him for learning. No calculation inside but maths lesson about comparing big and small and etc.
Last but not least, Lego City: Build The City cost RM8. This is Calvin favorite book. He learn reading for these few days non stop. I got this Lego story book just a week time, but some of the pages almost drop out. He always takes this book to the loo everytime waiting for his potty business. Anyway it is good too, that he loves to read.

p/s: Sorry for the MIA, lately I'm quite busy in the office. Will start blog hop tonight and catch up with you guys pretty soon!

Comments

  1. Wow that's a great haul of books & magazines!
    Enjoy over the long weekend :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai, it has been a long time I didn't blog hop over ur site....hope u enjoy ur weekend too

      Delete
  2. wow, so many good books you got there. It's great that your son's kindy is starting them on Peter and Jane. I find them really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb it is a good start from Peter n Jane books.

      Delete
  3. Wow, so many books! I'm a cookbook addict, the only thing that is stopping me to buy more cookbooks is the $$$$!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too icant resist cookbooks since when I was in secondary school.

      Delete
  4. Reading should instil from young. Keep up reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading should instil from young. Keep up reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wah, lots of books for the kids.....sure will keep them busy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time if I wanted to try new recipe, I'll know who to find *wink*

    It's great to hear that your son's kindy reads Peter and Jane with the students. A very good start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you'll never know even popular taiping got such interesting cookbooks... Calvin is going to start P&
      j level3 pretty soon

      Delete
  8. Ya, good hobby. I used to read a lot but now I/my eyes get tired after a while...and my attention span is limited. Will lose interest very fast.

    My daughter has inherited the hobby - she loves reading so I/we still buy a lot of books.

    Expensive but anytime better than e-books. We get to touch and to feel the books and I love the smell of new books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. me hardly shop for cooking books...cos got cooking blogs mer..ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I know...sometimes books can be pretty interesting too....

      Delete
  10. Very fruitful too with so many nice books.

    Peter & Jane is a very good set of books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope to see you sharing more recipes with us in time to come! you asked abt baking with 4 ingredients, i've replied it back at my blog. Is still there;s anything unsure, feel free to chk with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read it. Thanks Lena...just to make sure tat4 ingredients....

      Delete
  12. wah...so many books! Reading is indeed a good habit. My son love books too but my girl does not show that much of interest. She prefer dancing and singing. haha....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts