"Any Fruit" Buckle
Buckle:
½ cup unsalted butter at room
temperature
½ cup sugar
1 egg at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used
S.F Flour)
2 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup 2% milk (I used normal
Dutch Lady fresh milk)
2 cups mixed seasonal fresh fruit
such as apples, plums or pears cut into cubes (I used blueberries)
Streusel Topping:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour ( I
used S.F Flour)
½ tsp cinnamon powder
3 tbsp unsalted butter at room
temperature
For the buckle, preheat the oven
to 350 Degree Celsius and grease your choice of 8’ square or a 9” rounds or
other 8-cup baking dish. Cream together the butter and
sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl,
sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add alternately with the milk
until the mixture is evenly incorporated. Scrape batter into the cake pan and
spread evenly. Top the batter with the
prepared fresh fruit.
For the streusel topping, stir
together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with your fingers
until crumbly and no large bits of butter are visible. Sprinkle the streusel on
top of the fruit and bake the buckle bake for 45-50 minutes until a tester
inserted into the center of the bake comes out clean. Cool the cake to room
temperature before serving.
I bought 2 boxes of blueberries which cost me about RM20. Those blueberries were small then. After baking, I felt my small blueberries easily dried up. Then, I grab the leftover blueberries jam from the fridge. So I drizzled over the top and it looks more tempting from the previous one.
Anna's simple "Any Fruit" Buckle eventually suits for everyone taste. Not to worry about the recipe (since I've tested) and all you have to do is pick any kinds of juicy and fresh seasonal fruits of your choice.
The buckle itself is firm and moist inside. The streusel top was crispy too. Moreover, the sweetness is just right for our liking.
The next day brought it to the office to share with my colleagues.
I'm submitting my "Any Fruit" Buckle to Bake-Along with the theme 'Fruit Buckle' hosted by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids, Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and Lena from Frozen Wings.

.jpg)


Good morning Angeline...
ReplyDeleteWish i can have a piece for my tea break, hehe...
DeleteMorning Sharon..
DeleteI wish you're here, so I bake for you!...hehehe
DeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteAny fruit buckle? Sounds good! Like the flexibility of using any fruits that is available.
Btw, to answer your query about streusel and crumble, I'm actually not sure of their difference. Glad that you asked. I have Goggled for an answer and found that crumble is more softer and cookie-like. Seriously, I still cannot really differentiate the difference!
Zoe
Yes, definitely. Easy to switch any kind of season fruits.Just like your nectarines... it does grown on the right time at your backyard...
DeleteThanks for your reply Zoe, really appreciate it.
DeleteI can't differentiate either streusel or crumble. Both taste equally the same for me too.
DeleteSlurpssss!!!! That looks soooo good!
ReplyDeleteYes it is!
DeleteWow.. I am so impressed!!! *salivating*
ReplyDeleteClaire, thanks ya...
DeleteGood morning Anzerin!
ReplyDeleteWah, another nice bake from you! Ingredients needed are quite simple, may be I can give it a try next time!!
Yes Hayley is very simple. Try it! Strawberry, green apples and pear also nice!
Deletewow. sounds delicious! Maybe I can try it one day..
ReplyDeleteWenn, the steps are easy to make your own buckle.
DeleteWahhhh..lots of berries!!
ReplyDeleteYa.. the more berries the more merrier....
DeleteI can't wait to make a trip to Taiping and visit your home bakery, dear!! hahahah
ReplyDeleteYou make me nervous...
DeleteHmmmm...not only visit must go and learn also. Are you having any classes?
ReplyDeleteNo lar... But I'm very happy to share, learn and bake together...
DeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteYour buckle looks very nice with the blueberries on the top. And adding the blueberry jam is a great idea! The cake texture looks very moist and delicious!
Thank you for baking along with us!
Thanks to you Joyce, Lena and Zoe. WOthout you guys I can't have the chance to explore new bakes everytime. Buckle is a new word to me too. Good to learn new things.
DeleteOh yes after you drizzled with blueberries jam, the fruit cake look even more tempting and nice.
ReplyDeleteIt is much tastier too.
DeleteYour blueberry buckle looks so good, blueberries are my favourite!
ReplyDeleteReally? I like blueberries too.
Deletehahaha, any fruit buckle.. at first i thought what would that be?? can by any-fruit buckle, or also can be any fruit-buckle..
ReplyDeleteand i wonder why that piece of cake is called a buckle?? hmmm, bakery terms sometimes can be so confusing.. eg: stolen, sourdough etc, hahaha~~
Deleteanyway it looks really good, something great from the Baking Queen of Taiping!! i guess blueberry really goes well with this recipe.. :)
Deleteand i see a lot of different "any fruit" buckle at the bottom, nice being left with the creativity!! and i see most of them used blueberries too.. i also like the one with nectarine and lemon..
DeleteHi SK... ya there are a lot of baking terms to learn. From this Bake along event I did learn lots of things.
DeleteThis time the theme was fruit Buckle... so eventually you put in any of your fav fruits...
DeleteI like this is called Any Fruits Buckle. It shows the flexibility of the buckle recipe. Clever of you to smear jam on the topping, makes the cake so mouth watering.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lian, With the jam on top, it looks more inviting...
DeleteYour buckle looks so inviting !! love the added smear of jam. makes it even more attractive !
ReplyDeleteYes dear...
DeleteYour colleagues are so lucky to get to eat this. I just love cakes with fruits and the taste of cinnamon. Yum! Yum!
ReplyDeleteMun, no one mentioned about the cinnamon. But you did! *_^
DeleteYeah they are my all time tester.
Hehehe, although I don't bake but I do read your recipes thoroughly because if I find I like the ingredients, I will ask my sister to bake according to your recipe for me to eat so when I see cinnamon, aha, I say I likey!
DeleteThanks Mun...
DeleteWow..Anna Olsen recipe. Yours look very delicious. :)
ReplyDeleteYou like her recipe too?
DeleteAny fruit? A relief since blueberries are so expensive! Can try with cheaper local fruits like mangoes or pineapples:D
ReplyDeleteYes Jeannie... but blueberries are just so nice to eat...
DeleteYUM! Your buckle looks delicious & what a great idea of the jam ! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kit, the jam saves my buckle... Lol!
DeleteI love this! The photos are enough to salivate me!
ReplyDeleteThe whole ingredients and toppings are not cheap lah!! Will you take orders?
DeleteYa not cheap but nice to eat!
DeleteI don't take orders... I saja bake and have bake along with my foodie blog friends.
Deletewow so generous topping
ReplyDeleteYa, the recipe mentioned 2 cups. RM20 for 2 boxes of blueberries...ok lar. The taste is promising.
Deletehi angeline, sorry for coming by late as i just got back from a trip. I love the look of your buckles with all the patches of streusel surrounding the fruits! great work, angeline ..even tho you do not know what buckle is, see? the end result is just so pretty! appreciate your participation, thanks again!
ReplyDeleteIs ok Lena.
DeleteI don't know anything about buckle at all. This is very true. I really have lots of thing to learn from Bake Along event.
What can I say... looks GLORIIIOOUUUSSSS!!! Yumzzz!
ReplyDelete