王清发海鲜, Bagan Lallang

Prolong from MACE - Sound Performance Challenge post earlier.  After Jay, there were still have other contestants. Since the final result will only announced around 5-6pm. Hubby later brought all of us for lunch some where at Bagan Lallang, Prai.
In the car this naughty girl don't wanna sleep. She keeps playing my new avatar sunny. It was only RM15, so just let her play... Tsk Tsk Tsk... She is almost 21mths now, she can be very stubborn some times.
Back to our Ong Cheng Huat Seafood that my hubby want to bring us to. Hubby said after appeared in Taste with Jason series and the restaurant becomes more famous than last time. You'll never seen before a seafood restaurant operates in the afternoon can be so crowded. Damn crowded.
Ong Cheng Huat Seafood,
2004 Bagan Lallang,13400 Butterworth. Penang.
Business hours: 11am - 5.30pm only. 
Closed on Monday.
When comes to eat, she would never say no! "Tham Chiak Po". Don't forget to bring her a set of fork and spoon and an empty plate.
Hubby also mentioned that here didn't served white rice. But they have fried noodles - yellow noodles and bee hoon. Special right?
The place can fit in more than 20 tables. All the tables were fully seated. We also waited for a while. Then I realized was almost every tables were having the same dishes like noodles and......
Steam freshly red snapper head. Super duper big for 10 peoples.
Kappa - freshly claims with ginger. 
We ordered and the food was served within 10-15 minutes. Maybe because all the dishes are the same. But all the food here is still hot and seafood was not overcooked. *Thumbs Up*
Assam prawns - prawns were very fresh.
Small prawn fritters. From photo it will tell you how crunchy it was.
I like it very much.
See my little girl enjoying her plate. She looks so messy. Is alright with that, will clean her up after she finished.
They also have baby roasted chicken.
Lastly, we had their signature beancurd fritters.
Overall, it came with a total of RM260. Cheap or expensive? What would you say?

Comments

  1. oh gosh, those prawn and roast chicken~ damn miss it now! T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason? I don't trust those shows. Bet they were paid to give good reviews - ever seen a show where they condemn the food? No, right? Always good one... I've been to such places...and the food wasn't all that great. It all boils down to individual taste, I guess - one man's meat is another man's poison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to be lenient on this matter. Jason may be paid to be the host but these restaurants do not pay anything except give free food and their time. If you talk about coverage on magazines, then it is another story. Here I am just speaking from my advertising background.

      You do have a fussy taste and only Martha Stewart's cooking show could appease you. How I wish you could host a show for Sibu's Culinary Havens. You have all our supports STP!

      Delete
    2. I read somewhere that Jason visited an outlet 3 times before shooting to ensure quality is consistent. One preliminary visit is incognito one also.

      Delete
    3. perhaps if Jason has a complete series dedicated to food in Sibu, then only would the Mayor be convinced~~ LOL :p

      Delete
    4. Provided the Food Mayor of Sibu is also featured and interviewed in the program la! LOL

      Delete
    5. I can imagine that STP would make a good host and chef for a TV Talk Show on Food. He has lots of fans already.

      Delete
  3. oh yummy! So tempting but I must cut down on those prawns and lala which are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there once... Remember the metal plates and some of their dishes... Not bad taste ..only lots of houseflies.. Hahaha... I want to go again despite that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bill is reasonable. The prawn and roasted chicken look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, kids sure are 'tam ciak' one, Aden also same, hehe~

    I personally think the bill is reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baby gal is very cute and she makes your food blogs interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bean curd fritters and they seem to be a new craze in KL too. Nice lah!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the bill was not cheap unless they were some dishes you didn't show us.

    I wonder if you could make the watermarks on your photos smaller?? They are getting bigger until distracting over your beautiful shots. Some photos didn't have watermarks too. Why you scared someone would pinch them?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if too small people can easily remove the watermark mah~~ :p

      Delete
    2. Yalah, later ppl steal all her lovely close up photos how????

      Delete
    3. yea kinda disturbing the photos...

      just noticed another thing...no disclaimer ka? Nowadays ah silap cakap a bit in blog kena sue...put disclaimer safer leh

      Delete
    4. Hey you just scared me!! My mulut always celopar one. Where to get disclaimer?? Sure Meow has a series in her post.

      Delete
    5. morning all... guess i put my watermark too BIG...next time i put smaller one.

      Delete
  10. Hmmm...those dishes certainly looks tempting

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think is quite costly....I thought u might have a crab feast.hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, Bagan Lallang!! at first i thought you went to the Bagan Lalang which is near to KL.. so they have one there in Prai also, but spelt with two Ls huh?? interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, a very famous restaurant that is?? so famous and so packed with people until they have no time to fix their billboard?? is it meant to be slanted or what?? hahaha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, very unique "attitude" of the restaurant!! serves no rice but only noodles, and only limited items on the menu to choose from.. yet, so many people went there to eat..

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like the fried beehoon, and probably will go with the fresh claims with ginger and the prawn fritters.. when it comes to things i like, i can go very simple and plain.. hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh RM260??!! how many of you?? i think it's quite expensive actually, but then if divided by all of you, then still okay lah not too bad.. maybe because of Jason's effect?? haha~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. noodles ah.... J sure LOVES it

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whenever i dined in a seafood restaurant, i wont want rice but noodles! I just love having noodles at seafood restaurants.. dunno why :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Angeline,

    It has been a while that you have not baking-along with us and I must apologize too for not diligently doing blog visits :p

    Here I am, giving me and you excuses for blogging and cooking... motherhood is always busy and never easy... hee hee

    RM 260 for 10 persons. Expensive? I see lots of seafood that you ordered. Sounds reasonable to me.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Food looks good and must be very tasty as your daughter seems to be enjoying her food very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts