Discovering Science Camp - SML
During school holiday started, I allowed Calvin to take attend the SML Holiday Camp at his kinder. The "camp" word sounds interesting right? But he doesn't stay overnight at his kinder, it was just a name. Lol. During these 1 week session from 9 to 12pm, he've learnt several basic science concept involved S - Sounds, M - Magnets and L - Liquid. At the end of the week, a certificate is given to every student who attended the holiday camp.
1. Make a sound instrument to hear vibrations.
2. Create your own sounds with a straw and make a panpipe.
3. Next, they also make water glows and use it to make their own glowing slime. Calvin loves this one.
Here are the rest of the activities they learnt each day includes:
4. See how sound waves look like by using straws
5. Wtach a chopstick spins continuously without any support
6. Learn geometry with magnets
7. Experience and wonder how a sprinkler works
8. Making their own simple drum
9. Learn and create music with glasses filled with water and see how a wine glass sings and etc.
Lastly, they made a scrap card mentioning all the things they learnt each day. Some was shown and experienced in the class while the rest of their hand made stuffs are allowed to brought back home.

Some general knowledged exposed to the kids.
Brought back a full of science stuffs on the last day. The whole package of RM120 includes all the material provided to them. Meals are provided as well. since we are not going for any holiday, I bet this is a good chance for my son to fullfill his leisure time during school holiday.

This is quite an useful and educational camp!
ReplyDeleteCalvin must be a happy boy ;)
I think mummy here is the most happy gal. lol...
DeleteHi Angeline, your boy must be enjoying himself and excited about this educational camp. Good for him.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day.
This sounds like a fun activity for children! Beside having Calvin's time occupied, he can learn about science and experience it himself~
ReplyDeleteYa, after this camp. I got him to attend another two weeks session.
DeleteI also let Big E joined some holiday programmes which I think it is quite interesting. In fact,there are more hands on activities involved which makes her enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteP/S : Thank you Santarina for the early gift. I think I have been good all the year...**winks** Thanks Angeline for being such a great blogger friend of mine. Although I hardly leave a comment at ur blog, but i do visit to check on you and the kids updates when time permits. Not forgetting ur FB baking kingdom also..ehhehehe. Wishing you and family to have a memorable and fun Christmas celebration.
Yee Ling you wrote such a sweet comment. Next time I stuffed more surprises for you and ur gals k. The main gift is the cupcakes liners...I realised you bake a lot this year too. Keep It up!
DeleteHi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog earlier on. In Kuching, there are many holiday programmes for kids, which they advertise through newspaper and also through brochures, that they distributed from one house to another. My son's kindy also sent us a letter asking my son to join the holiday programme.
But when I asked my son "Do you want to join the holiday programme?" he said "No. I want to go to Kampung". We respected his decision and now we are enjoying our long holiday in kampung.
Going to holiday programme is indeed good. It helps our child to learn things the creative way, thus helping our kids to be creative and active learners. I'm sure Calvin has gained a lot of valuable knowledge through the camp.
The best of all, you get back all the things you used in the camp.
Alright then, have a nice day yeah?
Sure Sure
Deletewow,this is very interesting. money well spend :)
ReplyDeleteRM120 with all the material provided and with meal. A lil bit expensive for me. LoL
Delete