Happy Birthday Lao Gong & Merry Christmas 2012
Dear friends, I'm back from my short hiatus. Yeap, tonight is Christmas Eve. I'm sure most of you are having party with friends, hanging around with family members at home and maybe some of you are enjoying Christmas Eve dinner or even Christmas Eve buffet right? I'm glad too that there's no such thing as end of the world! 21.12.2012 definitely is a date where we start a brand new year! Nah...we should always think positive! On this Christmas eve, I feel to blog something that I mustn't miss.
- 17/12 & 18/12 - Preparing my dear dear birthday cake with Calvin boy.
- 19/12 - An earlier birthday celebration with hubby and family members.
- 20/12 ~ 22/12 - Company Stock take activity at Shah Alam.
Dear dear birthday falls on the 20th Dec, the exact date I need to go Shah Alam to perform the stock take event. Pity me, I'm actually very sad. Dear said never mind. In order not to feel so bad, so I told myself I must bake him a cake. Hubby don't like fancy stuffs, so I bake and prepared him a simple and yet elegant cake. I always told Calvin that we will bake daddy a birthday cake and I realised I haven't gave the birthday cake a name. I think I shall call it Danny's Checkerboard cake with Cappuccino Buttercream. Don't worry I shall blog about the cake and the recipe soon.
After an earlier birthday celebration dinner, we went back home and Calvin sang a birthday song to his daddy and headed to cutting cake session. Dear dear said the cake taste OKIE! No thank you from him but his OKIE comment meant so much for me. His OKIE means good already cos he has a very "yim chim" (picky) taste. Calvin is just like his daddy.
If my cake is not nice, he rather compare it with a bowl of instant Tom Yam Noodle here! When my hubby is really hungry at night, this bowl of noodle will make him a very happy boy! That bowl of noodle must have prawns, some vegetables and also sausage or slices of luncheon meat. Maybe that is why I love my typical man here.
Dear dear, Happy Birthday!
(Photo taken from my recent trip to Shah Alam - Summit Shopping Complex which attached with the Summit Hotel I stayed for 2 nights.)
Here I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for the support over the years.
With love: D.A.C.H



So sweet post, Angeline. Danny is a lucky man. You are such a thoughtful, loving and caring wife to him always.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to Danny, Merry Christmas to D A C H.
Danny is a lucky man? I think I am lucky to have him by my side.
DeleteThank you and Merry Christmas to you too.
Sometimes we need to sacrifice family time due to works.. But nvm, thankfully your darling is an understanding person.
ReplyDeleteI bet the cake must be very yummy~
DeleteThanks for the luncheon today ya!
DeleteWishing you and family a happy merry Christmas!
Thank Hayley and don't mentioned about the luncheon again. It was just a small treat
DeleteHi Angeline, the cake look awesome. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you and your family. Have a wonderful week ahead,regards.
Hi, Amelia thanks for your support ya. Thanks for always dropping by. Really meant so much to me.
DeleteHappy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteSame to you
DeleteHappy Birthday to your darling and abundant blessings be upon you and your family this Christmas & throughout the New Year, 2013!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I haven't visit your blog for some time. My apology
DeleteThat's a lovely cake :) Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby and Merry Christmas to all of you :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Barb
DeleteHomebaked cake is always the best! Merry Christmas and a happy new year to D.A.C.H! :)
ReplyDeleteYes I agreed.
DeleteThanks for your support given to me too! Merry Christmas to you and all at home!
ReplyDeleteLena, from blogging world we made a friendship. We are friends right?
DeleteAngeline,many thanks for your Christmas present. I made something with things you sent. See here: http://ilikepapercutting.blogspot.com/2012/12/crochet-frames.html
ReplyDeleteAngeline, your cake looks like store bought cake. You must be very good in baking and skill is not less than the those baking xifu.
ReplyDeleteJessica thanks with your high end compliment. Hehehe...I'm not a pro baker but I steal those ideas from everywhere and mix with my own idea to decorate the cake, please stay tune for the cake recipe.
DeleteHappy belated birthday to your hubby and Merry Christmas to you too.
ReplyDeleteThank you Vicky
DeleteA belated wish for your dear dear Danny, Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to your Hubby! And wishing you and your family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteHi mummy Gwen and Faith. Thanks for the wishes and same to you too.
DeleteAngeline,
ReplyDeleteSorry to come late to sample your cake..LoL
This is a very sweet post and your cake is lovely.
Now will hop over to see your recipe for the cake.
mui