Garfield Chocolate Transfer ~ Step by Step

Garfield is simply a great heat birthday theme cake for adults and children. I personally love Garfield very much. When Nicole told me that she wanted a Garfield theme birthday cake, I check my calender whether I have anything on during her birthday. After considered, I'm fine to bake her a birthday cake.

I really wanted to practice my chocolate transfer method again, which I learnt it for the first time from Doreen @ Mui Mui: my little favourite DIY. Previously I've done with Spiderman birthday cake for Calvin. Furthermore, it was also another reason for me to bake a good basic sponge cake (here) with non dairy whipped cream (here) from Sonia @ Nasi Lemak Lover. Nicole is very pleased to have the birthday cake and I'm happy too because I've made it for the second time! This is something that I called it a satisfaction!

Those who are interested, please bear with me here because I will explain step by step on how to make Garfield chocolate transfer. Garfield is definitely much more easy than Spiderman.
  • Browse your favourite theme/cartoon/animation picture. Choose the best one and printed out.
  • Cut out a sufficient piece of baking line paper ( preferred white ones).
  • Please measure against the size of the cake pan you wish to bake. Draw out the cake size as the outline.
  • Next, trace the picture and draw it out according to the lines underneath.
  • Temporary secured both side paper with paper clips or stapled to prevent shaking and moved.
  • You can always prepared this a few days earlier.

  • Always plan your master piece by the picture, size and the most important the combination colours.
  • I will draft out roughly which coloured to fill and so on.
  • Probably need about 200-300gm of ordinary cooking chocolate.
  • Double boiled and fill in the ready made paper cones. (I prepared a few earlier on)
  • Tips: The melted chocolate mustn't too dilute and not too thick. Just nice and creamy in order to draw out smoothly. Those who know how to temper the chocolate will get what I meant here.

  • Before drawing with melted chocolate, please remember to revert the trace paper to the other side without pencil lines.
  • I draw out those area which need more chocolates. I went 3 rounds in order to have a thick outline.
  • Finished up drawing the details.
  • You can always draw another round of melted chocolate if necessary.
  • Try not to draw too slow, or else the melted chocolate will get thickening.
  • I used kitchen napkins to clean up those area that needed to have a neat piece of art work.
  • Let the Garfield chocolate piece to dry up completely on its own at room temperature rather place inside the fridge.
  • Next, melted about 100-200gm white chocolate. Use double boiled method as well.
  • Scoop 1-2tsp of melted chocolate and mix with 1 tiny drop of edible red colouring till you get a pink nose.
  • Fill in the Garfield nose area.
  • Next, done the same thing here also.
  • This round mix the melted white chocolate with 2 tiny drops of yellow edible colouring and fill in.
  • For Garfield we need to have a smooth surface over the eyes and teeth.
  • Lastly, the rest of the original melted white chocolate, fill in Garfield's eyes and teeth.
  • Lastly, let the whole piece of chocolate to rest and dries up. Usually I prepared this earlier than baking the cakes and so on. So the chocolate will have more times to set nicely.
  • Tips: It is much easier to fill the colour using paper cones.

  • After the basic sponge cake is covered neatly with whipped cream, Slowly flip over, invert and transfer the chocolate master piece of top of the cake. Slowly tear away the line paper, slightly press a bit in order the chocolate will stay on the cake surface. (The method just like you are applying fake tattoos sticker)
  • Aiks! Ended I smudged the whipped cream a little bit. I forgot that whipped cream is soft than butter cream frosting.
  • Get about 2-3 tbsp of piping jelly mix with 3 tiny drops of orange and fill all over the Garfield face.
  • Jeng Jeng Jeng... here you have it. Garfield with a wide smiley face.
For the final touch, I sprinkle some colourful chocolate rice all over. I even arranged love letters at the side of the cake instead of decorating with whipped cream. Then, I swirl a ribbon around the cake to make it more elegant.
So that's it. The Garfield Birthday Cake!

One of my colleague asked me when she saw the cake: Which bakery you bought this cake from? Muahaha.....

Comments

  1. Yea, for me I'd also asked the same question, where did you buy this cake from? Haha :D

    You're really good in baking now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Garfield is my favourite cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Garfield is everyone's fav cartoon.

      Willie a.k.a Reptoz thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! You can start taking orders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mummy Moon, I don't think I can do that, or else I have pressure to bake... hehehe

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is so awesome! I've always wanted to learn this technique with transfer but never dare to attempt or let say don't even know where to start! LOL Thanks for the step by step how to make this lovely transfer & very pro too! Looks great & cute with Garfield, my favorite cartoon character too. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog & your lovely wishes. Hope to see you again & now I'm your new follower. You've got an awesome blog here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son already requested this cake for his birthday! :)

      Delete
    2. Kit, you can view my first chocolate transfer of Spiderman..I'm scared too whether I able to transfer it or not. Kit I'm sure you can do much better than me. Good Luck.

      Delete
    3. Oh your son saw it, then you should try to once. Don't forget to show us how to transfer it. Maybe I can learn some new tips from you as well.

      Delete
  5. Wow, Angeline! You are so clever making your Garfield cake! I have learned a lot from you today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely... how did you transfer the garfield from the paper onto the cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly invert and transfer the chocolate master piece of top of the cake. Slowly tear away the line paper, slightly press a bit in order for the chocolate will stay and lightly stick on the cake surface. (The method just like you are applying fake tattoos sticker)

      Delete
  7. Wow!! This is really a lot of hardwork! You are really good at this! Can start to open a shop :) I will definately order from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty thanks for your compliments. Will inform you if I started the biz k? Muahaha....

      Delete
  8. Angeline, that is a lovely cake.
    That is a good method right?? Heehee
    Thanks for the shout out.
    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awesome, you did a really good job. Bake a nice cake is hard, but decorate the cake is even harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vick that is true. I feel very happy after decorate the cake.

      Delete
  10. You are very good with baking business! Well done. Wish I am that good like you. Maybe when I have the time, I may bake something simple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, I bake for fun...not business ya. Phai seh...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts