Taiping Museum (Part I)

 I brought Calvin a day trip to Taiping Museum. Hebe and my mummy tag along together. It has been a long long time I never step in. Not far from my house actually.
 This is the side view of Taiping Museum -  the oldest museum in Malaysia. Many government buildings in Taiping includes this museum are built with colonial style during the British occupation.
  Taiping Museum was just opposite the Taiping Prison.
Operating Hours: 
Daily from 9.30am to 5pm, 
Friday from 9.20 to 12pm, 2.30pm to 5pm
Admission is free.
Lozation: Jalan Taming Sari, 34000 Taiping, Perak.
For inquiries please call this no: 05-822057
This is one of the exhibits display at the museum outdoor compound. This is the Avon Sabre jet.
 Most of the exhibits here are more than 100 years.
 Calvin is standing beside the first steam engine during the first mining activity in Perak.
 More photos here and there....
We were still at the outside compound, I'll show more photos inside the building in a separate entry.
The place are well kept and very clean.
Lastly, Calvin want to take a photo with this small cannon.

Comments

  1. We have been there once 2 years ago. We took picture with the same train too. Cuti cuti Malaysia or Cuti Cuti Taiping is fun too, as long as we spend quality time with our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, the last time I was there, many many years ago! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been there before...very nice place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those new Taiping visitors, shud be a good choice to pay a visit here.

      Delete
  4. Interesting place. Will bookmark this place if I go Taiping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Kitty. Not at big as National Museum but good for this kids knowledge

      Delete
  5. Never been there. I yet bring my kids to National Museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. National Museum must be much better compare to here...

      Delete
  6. the museum looks majestic, i like the white color and the red roof!! but then such a big contrast with the rundown prison opposite huh?? hahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wonder if the taiping prison is still in service?? or it has been converted to a museum too like the pudu jail in KL??

      Delete
    2. who is that handsome man standing in ego in that photo?? and wow, i just love that van (or is it a bus, or maybe a truck??), so retro and so antique!! must be very expensive now..

      Delete
    3. Yeap the prison is still in service.

      Thank you ya, that is my son

      Delete
  7. Angeline,
    Very interesting outing with the kids.
    They learn and have fun ya!
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts