The Board Game ~ Monopoly


Lets talk about play today. Do you like to play Monopoly? I do!
Has been kept inside the cupboard for sometime. Didn't even realised about it. Calvin said "Wah, mummy we found a treasure!"....Something lost and found. 
Calvin said he wanted to play this Malaysian edition Monopoly.. I said why not. Looking at the ages and brownish spot instruction leaflet.
I teach Calvin how to use for each items in order to play Monopoly. There are dice, house & hotel tokens, property card, community chest and chance cards. Lastly, explained to him the rules of Monopoly before we can start to play. He is just a kid, explain to him in layman terms, so it's easy for him to understand.
First and foremost, we need money to buy property in playing Monopoly right? I asked Calvin to distribute the money for each player according to the instruction.
This Monopoly set has many tokens to choose from... Interesting.
Actually not an easy task to explain to him how to play. So I explained further again when we started to play. For the meantime, only Calvin and myself playing. We took more than 1 hour to play, but we still can't end the game. Slow right? I waited Calvin to pay and exchange balance from the bank. I even waited for him to decide whether he wants to buy the property or not and etc. By the time comes, it almost he's sleeping time. Hahaha.
Just realised at the side of the box written, suitable for ages 8 and above. Well, Calvin is still young to play but I'm sure he'll know how to play sooner or later. I think it is healthy to play Monopoly, rather than doing nonsense in the house. This is also part of education too. So far, we've played twice after the first day I taught him.
Hubby also downloaded the Monopoly from Apps store for him. Sometimes, I'm too lazy, so let the Ipad teach him. *_^

Comments

  1. Nice game, I haven't play monopoly for years duh!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, long time didn't play. But it is fun

      Delete
  2. I used to play that at school. I still have a set for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that your son has the patience and interest to learn to play this game. I think I have only watched others play but have not actually played it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, but I dun have the patience to teach him leh, tired when explaining...

      Delete
  4. I'm hopeless at this... Don't really know how to play. Not business-minded, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur are you sure? Dun have to be business minded ler.. just buy whenever you feel like buy. Got money buy! hahaha

      Delete
  5. I used to play this when i was young...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually this Monopoly set hubby bought it 8-9years ago. We played together and that time Calvin is not around yet.

      Delete
  6. Nice game...I used to play Monopoly when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long time I never played this game..it takes some hours to finish... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting board game, I have yet to introduce this game to my two girls. Perhaps, I should get one this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL so long i have not played monopoly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think since primary school.

      Delete
    2. secondary school we were not allowed to bring games to school

      Delete
  10. Wow you are so hardworking these few days! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monopoly, long time never play already!

      Delete
    2. hardworking in terms of blogging? my post? Actually i have many many more... no time to write oni.

      Delete
  11. oh monopoly, hahaha!! i kind of like this game, but have not played it for quite some time already..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can plan to get one set and play with your buddies this weekend.

      Delete
  12. you know lah, it sometimes need a little patience for the game to end~~ and you may get unhappy if you lost too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a game... my son will get unhappy though, i'll just let him win lor...

      Delete
  13. yeah, i can totally understand how tough it was for you to explain the rules and logic behind the game to Calvin.. errr, at least he played the game and not get bored.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He gets so excited when I say we can play tonight cos he finsihed his homework.

      Delete
  14. hahaha, maybe the iPad version is easier to play and probably more interesting to the boy?? all those automation and flashy and bling-bling things sure are more attractive to him.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, message and instruction pop up, I just help him to read or so. can play with more player too.

      Delete
  15. the tokens now looks a lot nicer than what we had last time.. i remember we only have the same plastic thing but just different colors, but now look they are different shapes in metal~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sk, this set my hubby bought it not very long 8-9 years back...

      Delete
  16. My verdict - not many people seems to like playing Monopoly. But actually it is fun. It is a family game.

    It is good to let our kids playing this kind of healthy game than playing toys! Agree?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I play this too when I'm young. Later hi-tech already, we play at PS 3 haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts