HELLO KITTY BIRTHDAY CAKE

HAPPY APRIL FOOL DAY EVERYONE! 

ANYBODY GOT GOTCHA CALL? 

OR HAVING A BLUE MONDAY?

WHATEVER IT IS, ENJOY YOUR DAY TO THE FULLEST!

Last month, I've prepared a simple birthday cake for my niece, Bernice. This time, I made her a Hello Kitty birthday theme cake. I thought of keeping this Hello Kitty thing for my girl, Hebe's 2nd birthday, but I can't wait until Oct already. There are still long time to go...argghhh, I just can't wait! So I decided to make it for Bernice. After she celebrated her birthday at kindergarten @ Penang, she fall sick after that, poor baby. 

So, I thought it is good to have a small celebration, when she comes back here at Taiping during the weekend. I am superb happy to make the Hello Kitty chocolate transfer cake for her.
Bernice is the one stood up high. She saw the cake and gave me a big smile. "Thank You Pak Leong" ~ She thanked me then.


 I found out that the chocolate transfer method is very useful. I can just do any cartoons character. Well, of course not the complicated ones. Hehehe....
Spiderman & Garfield is my previous piece of work using melted chocolate.
This round I used white and dark chocolate for the Hello Kitty. I've made some extra cute hearts and written out Bernice name using chocolate. Thanks to Sweet Mui Mui's idea from My Little Favourite DIY.
For the basic sponge cake, again I used Sonia from Nasi Lemak Lover's recipe. View HERE. The recipe never fails me to have a moist and high sponge cake.
For this Hello Kitty birthday theme cake, I used the remaining Vivo - non dairy whipped cream I stored in the freezer. Suggested by Sonia also. Method to whip the cream please refer HERE. Then, I bought 100gm of chocolate rice to cover all over the side of the cake.
Hello Kitty Chocolate Transfer in the making. Aiks, my hand accidentally smeared the whipped cream surface and break the Hello Kitty whiskers too. By the way, these few days the weather is extremely hot.
Colourful heart shapes and letters are all using the remaining melted chocolate. My whipped cream didn't even set very well. But it is still ok. The complete cake I set inside the fridge for a day.
My piping is the worst. I'm still learning on how to pipe out nicely. I placed some red jelly on top for the finishing touch.
So this is the cake looks like. Simple to make if follow the steps closely. This round, I spend shorter time to prepare this cake.
 Happy 4th Birthday to Bernice. Her mum told me that she wanted a Mr Bean birthday cake to her kindergarten. Well, next time I can try to make Mr Bean too, should be fun. LoL...
Hmm... The kids keep picking the chocolate pieces and Longan. And I love Longan cake too. Yummy... 

Everyone had a slice, hubby said he don't want. Then the next day he asked me, "the Hello Kitty cake still got ar?".. I said no more lor.... hehehe.

You can always replaced the Longan with other fresh fruits from peach, strawberry, kiwi or grapes. During CNY, we received fruit cans from friends and relatives, so kind of make use of it before it get expired.

p/s: Here is another creative recipe of make dessert using Longan syrup with jelly. Please view from Yannie's site here...

Comments

  1. Looks yummy n I am a HK lover too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, then you should try to make one simple HK.

      Delete
  2. Very cute lah!

    Can't wait to see the Mr Bean cake too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Bean in my wish list.. See when I'll try to make that.

      Delete
  3. Omg. Thanks for sharing! I should try this! so cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Bulat, you're most welcome. Try to make one.

      Delete
  4. very beautiful cake lah, got Hello Kitty!! i can totally understand how you cannot hold on any longer to bake this cake, hahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at first i thought what is a "transfer" cake as it sound quite funny in this context.. so transfer actually means you transfer that hello kitty onto the cake.. it's a baking term?? hehe~~

      Delete
    2. now i know how this is made already, thanks for sharing.. and i am actually curious about those cake that has a piece of photo chocolate on them.. how are those done?? transfer or more high tech superimpose??

      Delete
    3. look at how happy the kids were!! haha, i would be happy to see such a nice cake for sure, but then of course not Hello Kitty lah, maybe Doraemon will be good for me~~ :p

      Delete
    4. SK-Is called the chocolate transfer method. The idea was from another blogger friend of mine. She named it this way, so I just follow.

      Delete
    5. Using melted chocolate to draw/draft out the HK. Let it dry and set. Later transfer the chocolate on the cake surface.

      Delete
    6. SK-The one you mentioned with picture, it was actually called fondant nothing to do with chocolate. Which is something very sweet cos is made from icing sugar. I think they have a software to print out the photo on a edible fondant sheet instead of a paper. Guess have to get a printer specially for that. High Tech right?

      Delete
  5. wow, what a beautiful cake. your niece must be so happy that day :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My niece is very happy and so do my son.

      Delete
  6. So pretty. Belated birthday greetings to your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy April Fool's day!

    That's a really nice cake! Bernice is such a pretty girl, she inherits her mum's beauty ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, got her mum's eyes. Bernice is such a darling to us.

      Delete
  8. This HK cake is really lovely, just like the birthday girl, Bernice. Thumbs up to you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Hello Kitty and Longan...what a great combination! I bet the cake tasted as great as it looked :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angeline, your hello kitty cake very cute and pretty. You're very good, the cake look delicious. YUM YUM!

    Have a nice week ahead,regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I prefer your Chanel cake.... hehehe

      Delete
  11. wow, you baked lovely cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake looks more beautiful than those sold in cakes shop. I like the red jelly white flower around the cake - reminds me of the cakes my friends bring to kindergarten a long, long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun really?, thank you for your compliments...

      Delete
  13. yummy... longan cake lei... i dun mind a lychee hello kitty cake Angeline... pls pls pls...
    Cake deco looks fantastic, not beats home-made:-D Im sure Bernice was very happy to have this cake for her birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lychee good too right? I have more Longan that time... clear some stock.

      Delete
  14. Angeline, I really salute you. Your technique is getting better. The cake looks professionally done and Hello Kitty(!) is my favourite cat, haha. I don't fancy Doraemon, although he is a cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doraemon is a cat? Know only I know... LoL... I like Garfield...

      Delete
  15. I've always wanted to make one of those chocolate transfers but I'm always scared that it'll break on me when I'm transferring because chocolate always breaks on me at the most inappropriate times!! :( Yours looks so amazing though that I might just give it a go!! How do you ice your cakes so nicely with dead straight sides and such a flat top??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Von, I was suppose to write in details on how I ice the cake afraid some people may think is long winded one...Hehehe...I shall explain here to you.

    Chocolate can be tricky sometimes, So got to pick good quality chocolate.

    The cake base is very important. So far Sonia's recipe never ever fails me. No cracking no bulging. If the cake is just slightly crack, then let the first top layer become the bottom part or else you can turn it upside down. I;m sure your cake will have a flat surface.
    Second, layered the cake slowly and nicely. If can invest a leveller. I don't have I just cut with free hand. But I have a cake stand.
    I think bake small and medium size cake which is better. The larger it is, I think I have trouble to ice the cake cos I don't a longer spatula to scrap and spread the cream.
    Then, another tip is always scratch and cream the first layer to become crumb free.Let the cake set inside the fridge for a while before spread or ice the cake for the 2nd layer. I think the second layer will be neatly done.

    Von, I've bake a few times so try to improve whenever I bake and do the same step again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Angel,
    To me that is a very well done piece of birthday cake.
    2 thumbs up for you :)
    I can see your kids and niece enjoy it very much!!

    Between i have post my pandan ogura cake. Feel free to drop by to see if i pass the test for doing ogura cake..lol
    Have a wonderful week ahead!!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hello kitty cake looks awesome! Love how u chose a longan cake...now I'm craving for some longan cake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! What a lovely Hello Kitty cake with longan! Very innovating! I've ever tried longan in bakes before! This is very interesting indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts