Yours Truly Purplely
I've been stay back from blogging for the past 2 months *spider web everywhere*. Mainly it is due to work. Lots of posting and photos I didn't really edit and blog about it. I missed some of the baking event and not hop over to leave comments. My apology. I don't even have the time to schedule any of my post. So bad right? At last, I'm here in the blogmosphere again in Mac'13 until now I'm still blogging. Almost everyday I have new post at my site. Trying to catch up those post I wish to pen down as part of my journal here.
In Jan, our house (to those who's new here, I'm living with my PIL) was having major repair and maintenance work before ushering the 2013 CNY. The house we are staying now is already aged 14years. Myself, I've been living here for 7years. My MIL doesn't wish to renovate but things here, are gradually getting old and some need to change new tools. The renovation supposed to be done 2 years back, but it has been set back for some reasons, during my 2nd pregnancy and later on my grandma passed away. Finally, my PIL discussed and decided to repair phase by phase. All the work started last year.
House electricity cable was old, get a technician to solved it. Whenever heavy rains pour, lighting strike and here it goes again, some fuse burnt. That is not a good sign when the electricity get trip frequently. Next, my room air cond is old too, having linkage problem. Almost every night, I heard water dripping sound. Even our house heater tank is linkage, get a new one after that. New piping system all over the house too. The water bill came with a huge amount, we suspect somewhere is broken. But we can't tell, as the piping is inner built. FIL have to monitor the water meter almost everyday. Kitchen sink and stoves all are new now. The last thing was done is painting. Exactly to say is repaint the whole house (inner and outside compound). It took about 2 weeks time.
Both PIL was so worried thinking of the massive renovation that need to be done. They can't even sleep well actually thinking of this matter. You may think, I'm a bit exaggerating here. But what to do, this is our house, we love it and there's no other better place. Is not easy to find a much better house than this one.
Since the whole house is repainted. We have chance to decide how to colour our own room. Hubby chose the colour. Previous colour was also purple but very dark purple and grey, kinda gloomy. Because to match with our curtain's colour, here is another new purple for our room.
The main wall header is darker than the other 3 walls.
The new colour brighten our room so much.

it's good that you finally made a major comeback to the blogsphere!! bravo, and your sistaz are sure very envy about your being able to blog more frequently than them~~ haha!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be switching to silent mode later...again work come first! Lol.
Deleteyou've been living in that house for 7 years, meaning you have been married to your husband for 7 years!!
ReplyDeleteMy elder son already 6yo leh..
Deleteoh yeah, all those water pipe leakage can be very annoying.. and even more "heart pain" to see the water bill rose up so much because of that!!
ReplyDeletewhy are your PIL worries about the renovation?? you mean they are very stressful?? true also, cos they need to stay at home watching the people work huh??
ReplyDeleteYeah, worried and stress. After all the work, my MIL have to clean up the mess again. Even my room, I clean twice.
Deletewow, your room is purple!! hmmm, rarely see guys who like purple lah, haha!! was it your idea or his idea?? for me, i wouldn't have ever thought of painting my wall purple, hahaha~~
ReplyDeleteHis idea...
Deleteanyway, with the renovation your house for sure looks anew and more refreshing right?? there should be better chi and then more luck and prosperity will be coming to your way~~ :)
ReplyDeleteWe are like staying on a new house
DeleteWelcome back!!! Btw, I love your room duh!!! =]
ReplyDelete小影, thanks
Deletevery nice color scheme
ReplyDeleteif old house will have to do some renovation and maintaince ...dangerous electricty
DeleteNo worries Angeline. We know you have been juggle between work, family and kids.
ReplyDeleteWe would love to hear from you anytime.
Cheers!
Thanks Ling...
Deleteawww your room looks so lovely
ReplyDeleteJust like a girl's room right?
Deleteyeah I personally love purple... the combination of color in your room looks refreshing
DeleteWah! Sure looks nice lah! At first I thought you show a photo taken from a magazine. :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha, where got... maybe the colour is very sharp.
DeleteWow, ur rm look so nice... I love it.. If I shift, I wanna 'copy' ur idea!! Looks like those taken out frm Home Decor mag...
ReplyDeleteReally? That photo itself was taken right after a day of painting. I took one day leave to clean the room by myself.
DeleteNice! Wah! Got air con, got ceiling fan some more... I like!!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha, nowadays modern house will have right?
DeleteWow, love the new color! I am a fan of purple too!
ReplyDeleteYea agree, renovation can be very headache, but then when everything is done, we can enjoy the new stuff already!
DeleteReally is a headache. For example, before repaint, I need to rearrange everything and set aside. Once it is finished, I have to rearrange again in the room. You get what I meant, the work is very tiring sometimes. Just like people moving to a new house. MIL need to rearrange all over again for other rooms too. Imagine? I took a few half day leave just to help her around the house during that period of time.
DeleteAfter all the hardwork, we are like living in a brand new house.
Nice colour! I know that it must be not easy to live in the house while the house is undergoing renovation but all of you have survived it and you get a brand new house so the renovation is worth it!
ReplyDeleteYes, Mun... the renovation take step by step. My PIL was always around the house to ensure everything is fine. My lil Hebe was not able to stay there for a few days due to the dusty environment and dirt
DeleteI love purple too. Yr room looks so new!
ReplyDeleteAfter repaint, it looks brand new again.
Delete
ReplyDeleteNice room...
Thanks
DeleteYour room looks so fresh and vibrant now.
ReplyDeleteI prefer white color for my wall, so that it's easier to match with the furniture.
Depends, nowadays the new trend the colour is quite vibrant.
DeleteLove your room! My room is painted purple too hehe. I can imagine the stress with all the renovation works.
ReplyDeleteJust buying a new hse... all the works are teally mesdy n tiring
DeleteThis color makes your room look fresher and lovely.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you been away for 2 months. Very nice feature wall. I like purple too, so romantic hor :)
ReplyDeleteMainly becos of work, realy.busy. auditor, tax agent.and stock.check... later.cny and bla.bla bla.i'm too.tired.to.post any.
DeleteHi Angeline, very nice room and lovely colour. Your curtain too look very pretty. Regards.
ReplyDelete