Keropok Lekor from East Coast
Fresh & raw from East Coast. It is made from processed fish meat. Then, mix the processed fish meat with flour to form dough and steamed before the sell in the market. This is how they make Keropok Lekor from the factory. Keropok Lekor have a very strong fishy smell. Cos' of the smell mostly people will just buy from the Malay stall will do. Can be easily obtain from any Malay Pasar Pagi or Pasar Tani. I prefer to kept in the freezer to avoid the strong smell. When i want eat, then I'll just defrost it and cut into thin slices or thicker. After that, I'll spread all the slices of Keropok Lekor in a tray and leave it under the sun (It is to reduce the dampness) for a while before deep frying.
Tadda...just like the one selling from the Malay stall..Crunchy & yummy yummy!
For the dipping sauce. I chose the Life chilli sauce. Take a few table spoons of the chilli sauce and diluted with some water. Added some sugar and bring to boil. Later on, it will turn out to be exactly like the one selling outside.
Yay, some snack on Sunday afternoon.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

interesting!! never seen these before lah.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely monday :)
jen @ www.charmoflife.ca