Yesterday I went back home sharply after work at 5.30pm. Gonna take my bath and dress up while waiting for my dear hubby to come back. The wedding invitation card written 6.30pm, but hubby's buddy call us to go at 7pm. Phew! got a lil more time for make up! Hehehe....Hubby called to check whether I'm back home, then I told him I just came out from the bathroom. Quite rushing attending our very first Indian Wedding Ceremony. We reach Taiping Town Hall merely 7.05pm, meeting some of my hubby's friend. Yeah, old friends since primary to secondary school. I knew some of them as we went to the same tuition centre. Without waisting any more time, we went inside the hall and seated. We were welcomed by Jivan's parents towards the entrance.

I was amazed by this beautiful peacock Kolum....It was placed beside the entrance with lighted candle.

Hubby said never know that Taiping Town Hall can be decorated so grand. Very cooling and pretty environment too. Harith - hubby's buddy told me it depends on the scale of relatives and friends invited. Yesterday night, was about 1,000 people come to congrats both bride and bridegroom. Harith even explained to me that 500 - 1,000 people attending the wedding is normal. Got Malays, Punjabi and also Chinese. They actually come over here for "makan", observe the wedding ceremony and later went up the stage to shake hands, give "ang pow" or gift to the bride and bridegroom, and go back. They didn't wait till the end of the ceremony unless the closest ones. Some how, the people come on and off so maybe that's why, there are only about 38 - 40 tables set up.

I noticed they decorated a lot of Elephant Statues. It brings good luck and prosperous for the newly weds. Having so much enjoyment in this gathering and observing this semi - traditional wedding ceremony.

Pity the bride and the bridegroom eventually both of them need to perform their ritual ceremony exchange vows in front of the God with the Indian Priest leading them to the stage. Both of them are officially husband and wife when the final ceremony take place where a knot is tie with a part of bride's dress and the groom's dress.

Both of us were gifted with sweet fruit cake towards the entrance. Then, we have the most sumptuous dinner buffet. They cater all the way from Penang. I forgot the name of the catering, but the mutton and curry chicken is marvellous. Then, we have ice cream with fruits as dessert. The yellow rounded like muruku shape is called jelebi, sweet, crunchy and kids really love that.

Both bride and bridegroom, they move around this ceremonial fire set up on the stage, for seven times on the stage after their "ikat tali" ceremony.

Before we left the wedding ceremony, we eventually went up the stage to congrats the newly weds. Really "Yan San, Yan Hoi".

Too many people line up to congrats them, I was able to snap a photo here. The most joyful occasion to celebrate the Indian wedding ceremonies is that both the parties take the best possible efforts to make the event a successful one. Well, once again congratulation to Mr & Mrs Jivan Raj.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hey Ange, u orange Taiping kah? My mom is from Taiping too, used to frequent back to Taiping every year for CNY.
ReplyDeleteBeen to Indian's wedding long time ago. Very quick makan and go back, not like chinese wedding.
Ya quick move lor..eat then chao!
ReplyDeleteIf you do come beck let me know, we go out yum char for a while!
Very interesitng hor? I never attended an indian wedding - but i've seen ti on TV la. they have 2 days long wedding hor?? thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeletejen @ www.charmoflife.ca
I have never attended any Indian wedding before despite being invited by one/two Indian colix to their weddings but unfortunately just unable to attend at that point of time.
ReplyDeleteNowadays Indian wedding ceremony is very grant too.
Thanks for sharing. If I ever have a chance again to attend any Indian wedding, I'll definitely try to make it and will bring my boy along.
I've been to an Indian wedding a decade ago..haha. Yes..alot of people. I love Indian food though..hehe.
ReplyDeleteMummy Gwen: for me 500 also lot of people. but 1000! lol...nite nite
ReplyDeleteJen: :)
ReplyDeleteJenny -Lil Kit Boy: Hmm is good to let kid experience it! i regret too didn't tag my son along.
ReplyDeleteCongratulation to the newly wed couple! Wow, I reckon that was an eyes widening experience to you! ^-^
ReplyDelete