Taipei 101

Went back to Taipei City Hall Station exit to wait for free shuttle bus to Taipei 101. Thanks to Jay and my dear hubby...helping us to carry our shopping loots. Btw, please remember to bring your own shopping bag, cos some of the shops here will not provided you with paper bag or plastic bag as they are in good practice of environmental friendly. We knew it earlier, so we bring siap - siap our own woven bag for shopping!
We are here...trying to get the best shot of the Taipei 101.
T - Technology
A - Art
I -Innovation
P - People
E - Environment
I - Identity
101 - 101% expression
Each part of the building have their own meaning in Feng Shui.
Love this, I found out that this is a public art by a British guy whom installed this family interaction statue in front of the shopping center. He hopes to remind people that they can stop a moment in their busy rush and take a moment of relieve from tension and a peaceful mind with the family members. - source from Taipei 101 Guide Book.
Joanne and I - shopping or touring the tower first?....
This is our tickets...$400NT each person.
While we are lining up waiting for our turn to take the lift up to the 89 level, we were ask to take a photo. If you like it, then purchase it from the counter.
Wow, we reach the skyscraper. The lift was super fast speed.
It is the fastest elevator in the world. We reach up there not even a minute and its only takes 37 seconds! The round gold thing is the Tuned Mass Damper. Its function is to reduce the motion during strong wind, especially typhoon season heats Taipei. The damper does not cater 100% motion but it still able to protect everyone in the building.
Hubby and Jay were touring the tower with full concentration while both of us non stop taking pictures.Muahaha...See the picture...is a gift shop...shopping again.
I bought this Taipei 101 key chain for myself. Joanne also get one for herself. We both initially to hang on our new bag that we wanted to buy! hahaha....
Both adult Taipei 101 T-shirts for both of us and I choose one for Calvin. I was hoping to get the same but children design is totally different. Adult cost $650NT and $500NT for children. I choose the cheapest one. The limited edition's design not so nice but goes up to $800NT per T-shirt. Joanne also bought for remembrance. Hubby get himself the TAIPEI 101 Guide Book for $490NT.
We went outside for the outdoor observatory. Very safe here...
Cold and strong wind outside, very secured with high wall balcony.
Got security guard outside the entrance watching you. So don't play play to jump hor!
Then, we come down and we are actually haven't finish our touring yet. We need to pass by this tunnel. Specially design with high tech moving reflection on the ground.
We ended out touring with Taiwan finest jade collection exhibition.
The late Teresa Teng collection album, CD, VCD and DVD for visitors to purchase.
This is how Taipei 101 shopping complex looks like. Spacious more a less like QB, Penang and Pavilion style. Hubby grab nice working shirt and a few polo-T from Tommy Hilfiger. Joanne gets herself a Coach shoulder bag and a wristlet cost not more than RM1K. We still have tax refund of 5% some more. We intend to get our self a Longchamp bag but we didn't found it, then the sales girl said Longchamp is opening tomorrow here. So, we plan to visit here again tomorrow morning. Hahaha... I even ask her about NewYork NewYork shopping complex, she told me the shopping complex is under renovation for 2 months.
Hubby mention he's a bit hungry and tired, then we all went to Taipei 101 food court, sat down and have our dinner before continue to our next stop! Then we received a call from that couple saying they decided to have dinner at Raohe Night Market. Cos we are having our meals now, then we told them we decided to meet them at Raohe night market later on.
Almost finished our meal, we received a call from them again asking where we are, we told them we just finished our meal and headed to Raohe Night Market and WuFenPu. Suka - suka ask us to wait for them, just now before we have our dinner, they decided to go first. Apa pula ni...nvm...we still enjoy our trip till the end.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Comments

  1. *Envy* I've never been to Taiwan. Must arrange a trip there in the coming years. Btw, I was attracted to the fried rice, nice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy: Jangan macam tu, Plan a date with ur hubby go there.. I'm sure the best time to travel to Taipei is July...more things to buy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy: The fried rice is nice cos they used jst like Japanese rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember photos are not allowed inside the shopping mall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah~!! So much to see and eat, it's definitely shopping heaven... well, for the filty rich people, hehe! Things are quite expensive though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mNhL: Is it? I just take a shot!

    Alice: Yeah, must be smart to pick though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also fear of height but not bungee jump..shud be ok to overcome it geh..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ling: U also feel that way hor...Hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the generous tulips. I really appreciate it.

Popular Posts